Chapter 12

After summer festival, Ryuzoji has been wondering what she wants to do since knowing people she hung out with will be going back to school and showing sad smiles on their faces that they don't want this to end their break means spending less time with. It did show they redeemed to be trustful friends with no backstab and they mean every words. She looks at the starry sky while eating corn on a cob either she wants to stay distant from others or have her walls break to open up. Sure, she has some people who she's close to never betrays her, however her caretaker told her she needs to be out more often and make new friends to be special to others. With that, Ryuzoji becomes brain dead from choosing. Her thoughts got interrupted by her phone notification and looks at the user. Turns out to be Tanjirou who is texting her. It read, I hope you're doing okay since its been a while we hung out like this and it makes me remember how we done crazy things during our school days, yet I just returned the favor by turning you away for over stupid little thing you never done that. Wishing to turn back time of not breaking your trust and I'm sorry if I keep apologizing and wanted to have second chance to rekindle our bond. Not in a way that, you know! Ugh, I'm such an idiot! Forget what I just said! >m<
Ryuzoji shakes her head in amusement and text back, Don't worry, I'm doing fine. I just have a lot of thinking, nothing more. She sets her phone down knowing there's nothing more to get any more text from Tanjirou which she is grateful not to answer any more questions. Something pops up in her mind and starts to have a lingering feeling whenever people stating they will be back to school with no excitement that they really wanted her to go. It sort of broken her walls around her that they changed for her to never make up assumptions and be truthful. She made her decision to go back to school as a second chance. She went on her desktop to send email to Amane that she would like to come back to school. She wait for the response until new message appears within a second.
Very well. I'm glad to have you back in our school. Your first year uniform will be delivered by tomorrow morning. Amane smiles fondly of seeing her precious student coming back to school and will make life lively. "Kaguya-sama, it seems that Anenokoji will be coming back to school on July 20th. This will get more interesting for everybody," Amane informed her husband and he turns his head with his smile stretches that reaches his ears. "Interesting indeed."
The next morning, Ryuzoji receives her uniform and it is relief that the uniform is like boys' uniform all thanks to Amane who read her like a book who wants to keep her identity a secret. She will not say anything to her friends about going back to school or else it will ruin the surprise. To be covered up, Ryuzoji uses her grey jacket with a hoodie that covers her head in a way. Knowing there's school rules that must be followed, but people nowaday still create havoc whenever there's trouble. Maybe that's why Kimetsu Academy is the only place people can afford education. Ryuzoji shakes her head and head to the train station to get to school. At Kimetsu Academy, people greets each other in saying good morning while walking through the gate. Urokodaki is the only janitor who is in charge of cleaning outside of school and the gatekeeper to make sure all the students are inside. He is about to close the gate until he sees a figure walking to the school and he couldn't believe his eyes. Ryuzoji in the flesh, in a school uniform is actually coming to school. Behind his mask, he is smiling that maybe some little push from people to rebuild the trust for Ryuzoji to come actually worked. Urokodaki steps aside to have her go through the gate to enter her homeroom. Tanjirou and his friends sighs of coming back to school since their vacation is over to never get to see Ryuzoji again and don't bother to listen to the announcement from Gyomei. "Settle down and be seated. I hope you all enjoyed your summer vacation and of course I do too. So, today we have a new student who will join us. Come right in," Gyomei called who starts to tear up and pulls out his handkerchief to wipe off his tears. Nobody questions why their homeroom teacher is always crying, but knowing he's acting weird every time when it comes to conflict. The door slides open and the footsteps comes into the room. Tanjirou's nose picks up the familiar scent and looks up to see Ryuzoji. Inosuke tries to jump off from his desk to pounce on her only to be grabbed by Zenitsu telling him to sit down. Ryuzoji writes down her name on the chalkboard as an introduction. Gyomei gives a warm smile to see his beloved coming back to school and get to see her everyday. The Kamboko squad say in the same sentence with heartwarming smile. "Welcome back, Ryuzoji."
"Anenokoji, you may sit wherever you want," Gyomei gestured her and Ryuzoji chooses at the end of the corner near the window behind Zenitsu and on her right next to Inosuke. Zenitsu makes a dreamy face and mumbled, "This is just like based on shoujo manga that each characters are fated to be together. So lucky~" "Shut the fuck up, pervy fries!" Inosuke kicks his desk and Zenitsu starts to lose his shit to start the argument. "Pervy fries?! I am so not! If anything, you can go see optometrist!" "Maybe you should go see the psychiatrist!" Gyomei claps his hands hard to silence them. "Agatsuma and Hashibira, no fighting during homeroom or else you will be sent to the principal's office," in which got them to be silent and apologize. "Sorry, Himejima-san." "Very good. Now, since we still got time for our homeroom, I thought we can discuss for our next school festival and I would like to hear your ideas. Any suggestions?" Gyomei asked and many students raises their hands. "Okay, so I will choose each one of you. Tsuyuri-san?" Kanao stands up from her desk. "How about ikebana view?" Kanao suggested it but earns a head shake from Gyomei. "Apologies, but it seems one of the students from different class already picked the same idea as yours. That was good try. Hashibira-san?"
"Smash! Destroy! Smash!" Inosuke shouted with proud face. "Rejected. That is not appropriate for visitors and students," Gyomei answered. "Oh, boo! I like mine better!" Gyomei writes down on the chalkboard to list three events for each students to work on. "Shinazugawa?" "What about carnival games? It seems fun," Genya suggested it which earns approval. "Not bad, not bad. That goes on the list, two more to go. Anyone?" Aoi raises her hand. "Yes, Kanzaki?" "Can we do maid cafe?" Aoi asked and Gyomei nods. "We have one more so we can start the stands since I know you all are excited for this festival."
Zenitsu keeps raising his hand. "Oh, I know! I know! I know, me! Me!" Gyomei sighs in defeat. "Okay, fine. What do you have in mind?" "We can do a band concert since we rarely get music." "That's a good idea. We now have three events to start and hopefully you all do your best to make Kimetsu Academy be enjoyable." Everyone cheers and they will plan the designs. Ryuzoji begin to think what's the school festival be like.