°○Chapter 01○°

01
_____
Iraa

A loud knock woke me up from my deep slumber. My room is a big mess of papers and files, my laptop laying open exhausted from working till late at night, maybe I fell asleep while reviewing documents.

Bang, bang, bang.

Loud knock came again making me groan. I get up from my bed, my body aching reminding me of the weird position I fell asleep in.

"Iraa beta ji, Badi Memsaab is asking for you to get downstairs. Are you awake or not? She is calling you for the morning prayer, everyone is already there." Maya didi, our housemaid said, knocking once again.

"I'll be right there, maya didi" I said, turning to freshen up. Maybe a warm shower can ease my body ache. Getting ready I made my way to the pooja room finding everyone. After the morning prayer, everyone made their way to the dining area for breakfast.

Everyone took their seats. Dadi takes her place in the head seat while Papa, maa, chachu and chachi were sitting on her right and all the youngsters were on the left side of the table. I was in the middle of pouring orange juice in my glass when dadi interrupted me.

"Iraa beta, we need to talk about something with you." Dadi began, she seems quite excited and I know whatever they are going to talk about I wouldn't like it. Rehaan, my older brother who was sitting to my right, gave me a side eye.

Oh, okay it's that talk. Definitely not gonna like it. I stayed quiet.

"We were thinking now that you are turning 25 in two weeks, it's time we start looking guys for you." Dadi said, with a big smile. She seems really excited to set her second grandchild with a complete stranger, as if Rehaan bhai wasn't enough.

I gave a look to my father thinking he will help me out of this stupid situation.

"Don't look at your father like he is helping you this time." Maa said, while Dadi gave papa her chairwoman glare, which will send a grown man running to the hills.

I look at my right to see if my brother can be useful for once in his life, but as expected his grin answers all, Nevermind.

"Dadi, you already know the answer. I'm not doing this." I said, glancing at everyone, making my point clear.

"You already delayed it for two years, not anymore. I want great grandchildren." Dadi said with a pout. She is so adorable sometimes but no, not happening today dadi.

"You already have a granddaughter-in-law to think about great grandchildren, just fix the wedding date. Why do you have to sacrifice me to have great grandchildren? You know your lovely grandson Rehaan can give you as many as you want." I said, smirking, taking a bite from my breakfast. While all the elders including Rehaan glare at me.

Ansh and Anushka, chachu and chachi's twins, started coughing while trying to stop their laugh, earning a deadly glare from Rehaan. Chachu scoffed, seeing the interaction between the cousins.

I said all things knowing very well that Rehaan bhai doesn't like Anika one bit and he was ready to get out of their engagement anytime. There you have it dear brother, next time I hope you choose your sides well.

"Iraa." Maa hissed with a glare.

"Maa you already know I have to focus on my career for the next two to three years. What's the rush? I'm just turning twenty-five not twenty-nine for you all to worry so much." I said.

"If we start looking now we will find a good guy till then." Chachi said.

"Yes, and it's not like you have to marry the moment we find a guy." Maa said.