Chapter 36

"Mikey.... You said, you wanted to save me, right...?" Izana mumbled to Mikey, who was standing beside him. His voice is getting weaker by seconds.

Rian who's lying on Mei's lap, she had her eyes on Izana this whole time. Though she felt weak, and at the brink of passing out.

"I'm not a sibling to Shinichiro, Emma, or you... I'm blood related to no one at all." He once again, mumbled.

This statement of his shocked almost everyone around him. His dad ran away with another Filipino woman, who later on died by the hands of some thugs. He currently has no relations with anyone in this world.

"Well, Mikey? Can you save me...?"

Izana gave him a smile with tears in his eyes.

"I'm beyond saving, right...? Emma..."

Silence roared in the surrounding after he said that. Looks like he's came to the end.

"Izana...?" Rian's eyes widened at the tan man with white locks.

Kakucho used up all of his strength that's left, crawled up to check on Izana who's already silenced.
"Izana? Izana.... Answer me, Izana!!"

Tears started to flow out of his eyes.
"Hey!! Izana!!"

There's a sharp pain hitting his chest, his heart. What a way of dying, in front of his friend.

Kakucho coughed up blood, as he finally lost all his power, lying down beside Izana, who felt cold on the hands.
Kakucho held on Izana's hand.

"Don't worry, man... I'm going there, too. We sucked at living, right...?"

Rian started getting up from her position too. She wanted to see her friend's condition properly, and well. She didn't want to believe that he died, just like that in front of her.

"Izana, you...." She somehow managed to drag her body in front of her two friends. Caressing Izana's cheek, it's cold. Of course it is. A person's temperature loses fast once they've lost their breath.

"You selfish bastard..." She mumbled, trying not to show sadness in front of the others. Her heart was also, aching. The scene won't need another one crying other than Kakucho right now.

"Kiri-chin..." Mikey mumbled her name carefully. He hasn't been seeing her showing such a face like this for a long time. Even though she's their enemy, she's still a friend.

She layed down on the ground, looking at the sky beside Izana.

"Kiri, say... He's going to heaven, right?" Kakucho asked in a low voice.

"God knows... But I'm going to hell for sure."

"Heh... You sure are."

How funny, they can still joke around at the brink of their deaths.

Kakucho started to feel something cold dropping on to his face. To only notice it that it was snow.

It's snowing...

"Snow..."

Memories started to flow in their heads. They were still dumb kids with big dreams back then...

"We used to lie on the snow like this before..." Rian gave Kakucho a small smile, as he did too. Giving her a hum as a reply, the atmosphere died down once again.

It was dead silence.

Mikey, who knew it well. He started announcing after sending a short prayer.

"Listen up, Toman, Tenjiku!"

Everyone's ears perked up.

"This conflict's over."

He cleared his throat, and started to command.

"The ambulance and police will be here soon. Get outta here before any misfortune happens again. I'll stay here and take care of the rest! Dismissed!!"

Every of the members started slowly walking away, not knowing how to react of people actually dying in front of them.

"Make it snappy!!" Mikey yelled, seeing them walking so slow.

"Mikey, you get outta here too. We'll stay here." The Tenjiku executives said. Since they're the ones following Izana, and are Tenjiku's members.

"You guys..."

Haitani Ran walked towards the three that's lying on the ground, and squatted down to their level.

"Somehow.... I came to admire you guys... Rest well." He lightly closed Kakucho and Izana's eyes that were still opened.

His gaze wondering to Rian.
"Never thought one day I'd come to admire you."

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

"I think I lost consciousness after that."

"Seriously? What about Kisaki?"

"Hanma tried helping him flee... But Kisaki ended up getting ran by a truck when running."

"Kakucho!"

Two girls, and Kakucho who just came in the room.

"Are your wounds okay?" He asked, even though he's in crutches.

"Yeah. I think you should be worrying about yourself first." Rian, who's on the bed said.

"You, too. Sorry I had to break your leg. You're just being too annoying." She apologized to Mei, who somehow made her way on her bed with a leg busted, sitting.

Rian gestured Kakucho to sit down on the chair beside her bed, which he did.

"You bitch... I'll kick your ass once I've recovered."

"Sorry..."

"Takemichi's told me everything after that. It's a long story."

"I don't wanna hear it. It makes my ears ring so bad." Rian sighed, rubbing on her forehead. She had just woken up 2 days ago, now still recovering in the hospital. The same goes for Mei and Kakucho.

"Anyways, I happen to saw Izana's earrings outside on a small pile of snow... Is that—" Mei pointed outside the window.

"Kakucho? Are you still a kid?" Rian giggled at him, making his face turn light pink.

"I-It's a memento from him alright?!"

"Yeah, yeah~ Whatever you say."

"Stop laughing!!"

|
|
|
|

"I'm here, Emma." She's in crutches, bandages everywhere on her like she's a living mummy.

Putting the flower in front of a tomb stone that wrote 'Sano Family's Grave' on it, she sat down.

"Sorry I couldn't come. He didn't make it, in the end. Yet, I'm here." She sighed.

"Izana... I apologize for him. And he'd better apologize to you too, up there. Please forgive him if he does." She bitterly giggled, knowing the end of Kisaki, Hanma and her friends.

"Emma... Draken's doing fine for now. Mikey, too. I'll keep an eye on him for you."

She sighed.

"That's a promise...."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.