Wally X Reader X Howdy pt 1

Took me forever sorry

@AnimeGirl4life93  requested this :)

No warnings 

Gender neutral reader.

     Enjoy    

 Y/n had been wandering around the neighborhood, stopping by each house to give a small gift to her neighbors and friends. She had already visited Barnaby, Frank, Julie, Sally, Poppy, Eddie, and was on their way to Howdy's. Then Y/n would turn back, to visit Wally. They knocked on Howdys door, and looked up at the 'Howdys place' sign, before walking in. "Hey Howdy!" They started. Howdy jumped, looking to them. "OH, Y/N, h-hi!" The caterpillar seemed kind of tired. "What can I do for you?" He asked. Y/n walked up to him, and opened their bag, which they pulled out another bag that they had decorated. It was colorful. It had apples and caterpillars on it, with Howdy's name written onto it. Howdy smiled brightly. "What a lovely thing you've brought. This is for me?" 

 Y/n nodded. "I made it last night. Took me a while, but I loved the finish. Can I perhaps get a bag of apples, Howdy?" In which Howdy went to get the apples. He came back with a small bag of about five apples. Howdy denied when Y/n tried to pay, but they insisted, and gave him the payment. "What are you up to, neighbor?" He asked them, as the started toward the door. Y/n smiled. "Im headed to Wally's. Thought I'd buy these for him." Howdy's smile slightly faded. It seemed there was something there, something that Howdy knew but Y/n didn't.

 "Oh.. Uh, Y/n?" Howdy's voice sounded like it was trailing off. He was slightly mumbled. "Y/n could you do me a favor and.." He paused. Howdy looked to the ground, and then back up to them. "Annnd tell Wally I said hi?" His voice brightened up a little. He was hiding something without a doubt, but Y/n shook it off. They left the little shop, and headed for Wally's, which of course wasn't that far off. 

 They knocked, and waited. And When Wally opened the door, he looked up at neighbor. "What a surprise." He said in his jolly, monotoned voice. He looked at the bag of apples which they were holding, and closed his eyes with a smile. "Neighbor, you didn't have to." Y/n shook their head. "Oh yes I did." They handed Wally his apples. Wally had a small blush overlapping his face. 

 "Maybe you should come in?" Wally opened the door wider, and allowed them to come in. "What have you been up to, neighbor?" Wally sat in his chair. "Well, I've been around the neighborhood, and stopped to say hi to everyone. By the way, Howdy said to tell you hi." Y/n said, cheerfully. Wally's demeanor changed, unnoticeable none the less. "How.. kind of you to deliver this message. Too bad he is not here to tell me himself." Wally sighed. The conversation continued into being about how the day had been and how each neighbor was. And after a while, Y/n finally came out to tell Wally they needed to get home. They had things to do. So they left.

 They got home, and spent a good while cleaning around their house, rearranging, and spent a while doodling and pursuing in their favorite hobbies (I'd be doing quadrobics 🤭). It had gotten dark, and they had started into their bedtime routine. In the middle of brushing their teeth in their pajamas, they heard a loud knock. They ran down stairs. Who would be here at this hour..? They opened the door, finding Howdy and Wally practically wrestling each other at your front door. They noticed you. Howdy stepped in front of Wally. "Hi there, neighbor!" He said in a jolly tone. Wally pushed him to the side with struggle. "Sorry, he just followed me here." "DID NOT"

 Y/n stared at them in confusion, with their toothbrush in their right hand. "What's the meaning of this?" They asked, almost annoyed. "It's like 9:30.." Their tone became slightly softer. "I just need to tell you something." Wally said, and Howdy moved back in front of him. "What Wally means is that he wanted to thank you for the apples, I'm here to really tell you something. Something big!" He laughed, and rubbed the back of his head, looking to the side. Wally ran in front of Howdy, into Y/ns house. "WALLY?!" Y/n shouted, running after him inside, and Howdy followed. 

 Wally ran upstairs, and Y/n followed. When Y/n made it, they saw Wally standing their, clutching his fists. "Y/n I really like you. Could you be my partner?" He was still speaking in his monotone voice. Howdy ran up. "Now hold on!" He stopped to catch his breath. "Y/n I need to ask you something."  Wally's voice broke, out of the monotoned voice, into an angry one. "No you don't! Neighbor is mine!" Wally dead panned Howdy with his beady black eyes and shaded face. He reached over and tugged on Y/ns pajama sleeve. "I love you Y/n, I really do." Their face had a bright pallet of pink overlapping their normal tone. "Guys stop!" They said sternly, as the blush faded away and they pulled their arm away from Wally. "What had gotten into you. This isn't neighborly at all." 

 "But you see, I see you as more than a neighbor." Howdy said. Y/n huffed. "I mean to each other. Stop! It hurts me more than you think. What are you even doing here." Wally nervously stared at the ground. Howdy sighed and looked away as well. Now they felt bad. "Guys.." Howdy spoke up. "Look, I like you. A lot, but Wally likes you also. We've both kinda... known it for a while.. we wanted to see who could get to you first. And now look at ourselves, all riled up and fighting. I'm sorry." Howdy apologized. Wally stepped forward. "Neighbor, please be my partner." Wally said again. Howdy's face changed. "Excuse you?" He scoffed. Y/n looked down at Wally. "You guys can't do this to me.." They said. "I can't choose." 

 "Oh but you must, neighbor." Wally said. Howdys antennas flattened. "Don't push them out of their comfort zone, Wally." Howdy scowled. Y/n sighed. "Can you guys at least give me some time?" Howdy hesitated as with Wally. But they both nodded. Eventually, Y/n had them leave. They lay in their bed that night, unable to think on who they thought they liked more. It was strange, they had always had some sort of feeling for them, but hadn't thought of it as much until now. And now it was a struggle. They sighed, rolling over and falling to sleep. 

HOPE YOU ENJOYED

Have a WONDERFUL day,

    I love you guys   

Drink water, eat food, sleep, and such 

Feel free to request!