Chapter 25

Natalia 

"You do know why you're here don't you Miss Gryffindor?" McGonagall asks in a tone that makes me look up from my nails, Was she just sarcastic? To mE? I think highly amused,

"Well, I went with Lily to stop James and Sirius from doing what they were doing to...Snape," I start distastefully when I say his name, "Severus likes to call Lily nicknames, no not nicknames...slurs. He decided it was the right time to call her a slur, so I said to him, I said, Don't come near her again. Then he called me a slur so I fired a warning curse... at his head," I tell her with a smug expression quite proud of myself for the whole stunt especially since he hasn't come near Lily since.

"You're excused Miss Gryffindor," McGonagall tells me and my amused laid back look morphs to shock as I stare at McGonagall wide-eyed,

"You're joking Minnie!" I respond in a slightly raised voice, she sighs and points to the door, eagerly getting off my chair I walk to the door and just as I'm about to close the door I hear her mutter to herself,

"I can't even be mad at the name anymore," I shut the door and let out an amused chuckle making my way to the owlery. I walk through the halls silently smiling or waving at the younger kids as I pass or nodding in acknowledgment to people in the 5th year or the older years. The sunny is out as I walk up to the owlery and it's obvious most people are taking advantage of it. I stop for a bit leaning against the edge watching groups of all years, there is a group of people under trees just talking, others by the edge of the lake or on the pier dipping in their feet. I laugh softly when I see the group of four Gryffindors known as the marauders by the edge of the lake. It seemed Sirius tried to push James into the lake only for James to grab his shirt dragging Sirius in with him. Continuing up the stairs I walk into the Owlery seeing the owl I sent off 2 weeks ago holding a dark green envelope. Grabbing the letter I lean against a wall carefully opening the letter.

Dear Miss Gryffindor,

Would the person to inform you happen to be my littlest cousin?
I already knew he was friends with you, I will take up your offer with plenty of thanks.
Tell Regulus I miss him
I won't tell about yours and his friendship, he happens to be my favourite member of my family.

From Narcissa Black

"Shit, Cissa didn't know you cared," I whisper to myself shocked at this revelation but also glad that Regulus has someone on his side in his family. I refold the letter and notice an extra piece of paper, so unfolding the letter again I start reading the second piece of paper.

You're invited to the union of Narcissa Black and Lucius Malfoy,

Your presence is expected, a gift is not required but welcomed. 

Date: Third of June 1976

Time: Ceremony 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm

             Afterparty 5:15 pm - 12 am

Real classy, 'your presence is expected' I think rolling my eyes refolding the letters and putting them in my pocket giving the owl a treat before walking out of the owlery looking down at the lake with a smile spotting the Marauders still acting silly and relieved that exams were over. I pull my eyes away and make my way back to the common room.

•••˚☼☼˚•••

"You guys find and destroy the Horcruxes I'll stay and fight," I tell Hermione, Ron and Harry with a reassuring smile although they only looked at me more concerned after hearing me,