03

"We can't thank you enough for your help." Chan humbly said. Mirae shook her head,

"Oh come on, it's not like were strangers. Of course friends help each other out." she said.

after catching up, Chan said that he will buy something to eat outside of the venue. Jeongin nudged Han with his elbow signaling him to go with him and follow Chan. He gave Hyunjin a teasing smile and they both left, leaving Mirae and Hyunjin alone.

"Oh you went backstage to see me didn't you?" Hyunjin was hit by a wave of confidence and said it with a smirk. "no worries, it's understandable."

Mirae was taken aback for a second, she brushed it off and laughed. She stared at the long raven haired man who had a look of confidence painted all over his face. It was not difficult to notice his good looks, sharp features and overall a handsome face.

"love your attitude" she complimented,

"oh there is so much more to love." Hyunjin added and smiled.

"I haven't formally introduce myself yet, Hwang Hyunjin." he said,

"my name is Kim Mirae, nice to meet you Hyunjin" she said in a courteous tone.

"Nice to meet you too..." Hyunjin gave her a smile, he couldn't help but be drawn in her brown orbs. "pretty..." he mumbled, lost in thought.

"thank you" she said shyly, Hyunjin didn't notice that he said it out loud. 

They were both silent for a moment, the atmosphere grew awkward and Hyunjin cursed under his breath.

"so... how long have you known Chan?" he asked even though Chan already informed them a while ago. He just wanted to drown the awkwardness. it was like all the confidence he had earlier disappeared.

"I've known him since we were children, we were super close back then. I kind of miss those times, we're not as close as we were before. it's kind of sad, but we have our own life to live." she said in a sad done. The change in her mood was obvious, her lips were now curled downward she was downhearted.

Hyunjin felt more awkward than before, he thought that she must have a liking for Chan.

"Ohhh... I see" he slowly nodded his head. "Well I'm sure you two will eventually work it out." he reassured.

"Thank you Hyunjin" She felt somehow relieved after hearing those words. Parting with Chan felt like being away from your family. He really felt like family to her. Now they might have a chance to be as close as before.

"You're welcome" Hyunjin smiled bitterly to himself. 'well at least I know it now, it would be hard if I know it later on, when I like her a lot.' he thought.

The three finally returned with 2 boxes of pizza and colas. After talking for another hour, it was time to go back home. 

On the way home, Hyunjin was oddly quiet. He plugged his earphones into his ears and he kept looking out the window and staring into space. he seemed like he was in deep thought. it looked like something was bugging him. Jeongin noticed his unusual behavior and figured that something was wrong.