Chapter 11: And I'll Be Your Shoulder to Cry On Baby What Else Are Friends For

Troye stared after Connor's retreating form in stunned silence. What had he done wrong? He hadn't meant to make Connor angry, hadn't wanted him to leave. He nervously reviewed all his actions, mentally ran through all their conversations, but yet still found nothing.

Maybe Connor was just having an off day. Nothing to do with him, Troye nervously hoped. Maybe he would be back later with some Chinese food and talk to Troye about what was bothering him.

And yet he knew deep down that Troye must have caused this, at least in part. The way Connor jumped when he had placed his hand on his shoulder, tensing beneath his grip was telling.

Troye groaned miserably, head tipping forward in guilt. He must have crossed some boundary, misread the situation entirely. Maybe Connor wasn't seeking solace from Troye, maybe Troye had made him feel uncomfortable with his unwarranted intrusion of his space.

Or maybe, Troye thought darkly, stomach twisting into knots, maybe Connor had figured out about Troye's crush on him and was so disgusted that he hadn't felt comfortable around him at all. That was it,  wasn't it? Troye had scared him off with his stupid feelings.

The brown haired man slumped down miserably onto the living room couch, scrubbing his hands over his face in exhaustion. He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts determinedly, heading straight for the 'T's'. He only had to wait a few seconds before a perky voice was heard through the phone.

"Tyler, I think I fucked up. Do you think you can come over. Like now?"

The older man must have picked up something in his voice because the line was quite for a few moments.

"I'll be over in a few then you can tell Mama all about it, alright?"

True to his word Troye only had to wait a few minutes before he heard the door open and though he knew Tyler would be coming over, Troye hoped dimly that he would see a brown quiff, not a blonde one.

Troye got up to pull his long time friend into a tight hug, collapsing into the embrace before dragging the shorter man down to the couch with him. Faintly, Troye thought he heard the sound of a car peeling out into the street outside.

"Troye, babe, what happened? Where's Connor?" Tyler asked, in a soft voice, noticing the way the younger boy went rigid at the mention of the other boy's name.

"That's where I fucked up, Tilly. He stormed out of here just a few minutes before I called you. I-" his voice faltered slightly, "I think I make uncomfortable."

The blonde tensed, angrily sitting up and looking Troye in the eye.

"Uncomfortable? Why, because you're gay? What the fuc-" Troye's eyes widened, rushing to calm his friend's wrath.

"No! No, not at all! Its not my secret to tell but Tyler, Connor's gay. He came out to me recently. He's been working up the courage to tell everyone." Troye's eyebrows knitted together in frustration before flopping back onto the couch with a groan.

"Fuck. Great. Another reason for Connor to be pissed at me. I just told his secret without his consent." Tyler felt all his anger drain out of him as he looked down at his distraught best friend.

"No, come on Troye. I'm sure Connor won't hate you for this. He might be a little upset, yeah, but you said so yourself, he was planning on telling everyone anyways. And have you met me?" He shot Troye a cheeky smile "I wouldn't tell a soul."

Troye huffed out a half-hearted attempt at a laugh, smacking his friend with a throw pillow.

"Tilly be serious. I'm pretty sure he hates me. You should've seen the way he jumped when I touched his shoulder. And the way he ran out of the building?" He let out a suffering sigh, "Like he couldn't get away fast enough."

"I am being serious! You're the one acting stupid. Connor would never hate you, I mean have you seen the way the boy acts around you? Its like you hung the stars for him. The boy has got it bad."

Troye rolled his eyes even as he struggled to keep the heat from rising to his face.

"Yeah right. Then explain why he was so pissed off at me and seemed so disgusted when I touched him. No way does he see me the same way I see him."

Tyler cheered in triumph.

"Ha! So you do like him. I fucking knew it, you little shit! Ricky totally owes me like 20 bucks." Tyler beamed before facing Troye with a more serious look. Pinching Troye's arm he started again.

"And what do you mean 'No way he seems you like you see him'. Troye Sivan Mellet you are a gorgeous little twink and Connor would have to be straight not to want to date you." He fixed Troye with an appraising glance. "Well, either straight or already dating me because I'm pretty hot."

That one managed to break Troye out of his miserable state as he tried to beat his friend with a pillow.

"Oh my god, you are literally so conceited!"

"Hey its not my fault I was so graciously blessed with good looks and charm." Tyler stated unabashedly.

"Shut up!" Troye laughed before falling serious again. "Do you really think Connor likes me back, though? Like, what if he doesn't and I embarrass myself?"

"Well, life is full of risks. You'll never find out if you don't put yourself out there. Its a bit of a wild ride but, its supposed to be worth it in the end."

Troye thought about Connor, about the time they'd spent together and about everything they've been through. He smiled.

"Yeah. I suppose it is."

_______________________________
AN: OMG SO MUCH SAPPY SAP BUT I HOPE YOU LIKED IT. I FEEL SO BAD ITS BEEN LIKE EXACTLY LIKE 5 FUCKING MONTHS SINCE I LAST UPDATED ????? IM SO SORRY OMG. I KINDA LOST INTEREST WITH TRONNOR LIKE I TEND TO DO WITH MOST THINGS SO IM GONNA TRY TO FINISH THIS UP SOON IN A COUPLD MORE CHAPTERS MAYBE IM SO SORRY IF THIS DISAPPOINTED YOU. BUT ANYWAYS, A LITTLE LIFE UPDATE: I GRADUATED 8TH GRADE AND IM GOING INTO FRESHMAN YEAR IN LIKE A FUCKING MONTH AND IM FREAKING OUT BC I'VE DONE NONE OF MY SUMMER WORK AND IM IN LIKE ALL HONORS CLASSES AND DISNSOALMDKSKSJ !!! ALSO I JUST TURNED 14 LIKE LAST MONTH !!1!2! LOL I WATCHED PAPERTOWNS YESTERDAY MAN AND WOW SO GOOD THAT INSTRUMENTAL OF FOURTH OF JULY BY FALL OUT BOY REALLY MADE THE WHOLE MOVIE TIE TOGETHER. ALSO I MADE A LAME BANDS/PHAN FAN ACC WITH MY FRIEND ON IG THAT I BARELY USE BUT SHE REALLY LIKES SO GO FOLLOW MAYBE @ PHANTRASH_4_BANDS AND I'LL FOLLOW YOU BACK IF YOU ASK ME TO IM THE COMMENTS OR SMTH IDK. I ALSO MADE A LAME ASS TWITTER @ JUSTCHESKA_ SO YEAH BE MY FRIEND OR SMTH. LOL I FEEL LIKE IM TALKING TO MYSELF I DEF AM NONE OF YOU STAYED FOR A 5 MONTH HIATUS LETS BE REAL FOR A SEC WELP THAT ALL FOLKS I'LL CATCH YOU ON THE FLIPPITY FLOP BYE LOSERS

- XOXO GOSSIP GIRL
(Just kidding omg I'm not that lame but I am that lame to have binged most of that show this summer woops)