Chapter 4: No Right

They had finally finished the tour of the apartment with only just a bit of flirting and sexual tension resurfacing whenever the other would make a cheeky remark. They had decided that they would be going out to eat that night as a sort of celebration of new a house mate and in order to get to know each other better. Also, they were both too lazy to go shopping and neither were up to the arduous task of cooking up a proper meal.

Since Troye was new to the LA region and would obviously not have any knowledge of good restaurants, it was decided that Connor would be taking them to a local favorite of his, a quaint little restaurant that was just a bit fancy and was only about half an hour's drive from them.

Connor was just pulling on his pair of favorite black jeans- not for any specific reason of course, it wasn't as if he was hoping to look good for his new flat mate, of course not, he just happened to like looking his best when going out, yeah thats why- when he heard a noise from the shower. Troye had hopped in after him since their apartment was only home to one bathroom and had only been in there shortly so Connor was curious as to what the noise might be. He stood silent, waiting in case the sound repeated itself when his eyes grew wide. Troye was singing in the shower and holy shit he was literally living with a future Grammy winner he was that good. Connor stood there transfixed by both his voice and the words he was singing -something about reaching out to touch? Connor wasn't sure but he still felt the urge to sing along it was beautiful- when he heard the water shut off and the curtain being drawn open. At that point Connor decided it would probably be a good idea to finish getting dressed so that they could get to the restaurant before they missed their reservation.

They had just been seated when Connor decided to bring up what he heard while Troye was showering.

"So Troye Boy, heard you singing in the shower earlier and you've seriously got an amazing voice I didn't know you could sing like that!"

Troye turned a light pink, incredibly inept at receiving compliments.

"Thanks," Troye said, giving Connor a large smile that showed off his perfect white teeth and made Connor's breath hitch slightly, "I've been singing since I was practically a fetus and I've actually got an EP coming out pretty soon. Thats actually the main reason I moved out here, the studio I'm signed with is based nearby."

"Oh my god, wait what, really?!" Connor asked astonished. He knew that Troye was an amazing singer but an actual EP with a big recording studio was a huge deal, especially for a youtuber,

"Oh thats amazing I'm so proud of you!" Connor exclaimed, pulling Troye into a hug over the table.

Troye laughed lightly and thanked him, his breath ghosting over Connor's neck making him shiver slightly in response. The hug lasted longer than a hug between two new roommates normally would and was only ended by someone clearing their throat loudly. They looked up, startled and both slightly red in the face, only to be greeted by the face of a handsome young waiter with a notepad in hand, waiting to take their order.

"So are you and your boyfriend ready to order or?" The waiter's deep baritone voice asked rather impatient.

Troye spluttered out a quiet "He's not my boyfriend" while Connor turned a dark red as he felt the overwhelming urge to crawl into a hole consume his entire being.

"Oh really?" The waiter, who's name tag read 'Darren' stated, noticeably more animated. "Well thats great news" He said, smirking slightly and sending Troye a flirty wink. Troye turned even redder than previously, something he didn't think was possible, and picked up the menu in hopes of hiding his face slightly.

Connor picked up his menu as well, rolling his eyes irritably at Darren's behavior when he heard Troye speak again.

"Um, I'm kinda new here so I was wondering whats good here?"