Chapter 3: A New Kind Of Buzz

Connor laughed quietly to himself at Troye's dumbstruck expression. He had no idea what possessed him to make a comment like that to someone he barely knew but boy was it worth it to see Troye so flustered. He called out for Troye to follow him in order to show him around the flat and quickly strode into the living room, a somewhat more composed Troye in tow.

"So this is the living room, obviously. Um, ground rules are: try not to break anything and no sex on the couch. Or the table. Or, you know what how 'bout no sex anywhere besides your own room if you absolutely have to." Connor stated somewhat awkwardly, a light red blush creeping up his ears.

"Oh, well then whats the point of the living room then?" Troye stated bluntly, only to burst out laughing moments later at Connor's slightly mortified expression.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Geez, Con, get your head out of the gutter I'm only 19, I've barely ever been in any real relationships."

"Ahhh so you're single? Good to know." Connor said in a joking attempt to flirt with him.

"Oh fuck off! You wish you could date me, I'm a catch!" Troye responded, no longer fazed with Connor's flirting now that he understood he was joking.

"If you say so, Troye boy. But anyways heres the kitchen. Theres not much in it right now so we'll probably have to go shopping later on or order out, whichever you'd prefer. As for paying for groceries or whatever we can just go halfsies and -"

"Wait, wait, wait. Did you, a 21 year-old man, just say halfsies? Because if you did then wellll I think you might be a bit too mature for me. I'm serious your intellect is way more advanced than mine and I think that my immaturity would just be too much for you to handle living with." Troye stated with a straight face, seeming to be actually concerned over the 'maturity' crisis.

"Actually, actually goodbye. I am so done with you. Who doesn't say halfsies. Look me in the eye and tell me you have never said 'halfsies' before!" Connor said, eyebrow raised, voice loud but still clearly joking.

Troye found himself momentarily faltering for a response because yes, he has said 'halfsies' before, but no, that totally did not count.

"Aha! See you have said it before!! I am total supreme!" Connor gloated, basking in the moment of proving Troye wrong. He didn't know why he was so excited to beat Troye in a joke argument but with Troye everything just felt so fresh, so new, even a play fight. Just being around him made Connor feel giddy and electrified and for some reason that feeling scared him. It was just the buzz of making a new friend and joking around, right?

"Oh whatever," Troye said with a roll of his deep blue eyes, though he fought hard to contain the large smile that was threatening to spill onto his lips, "Now stop being such a dick and show me around the rest of the flat." To accent his point Troye gave Connor a little nudge, pushing him forward into the hallway.

"Hey! You just want me to walk forward so you can check out my ass, don't you? Well, I'll have you know I am more than a pretty face and a gorgeous body, I have a personality, too!"

But now it was Troye's turn to leave Connor dumbfounded as he turned to him and said in as flirty and seductive a voice as he could manage while knowing absolutely nothing about attracting other males, "Oh I know I just find those physical attributes," Troye looked Connor up and down for effect, "much, much more pleasurable." Troye sucked his lip ring in between his teeth, rolling it back and forth slowly. Connor stayed rooted to the spot, eyes fixated on the lip ring, only breaking eye contact with it when Troye abruptly stated in his regular voice, "So, where can I put my bags?"

Connor looked up blushing slightly but refused to meet Troye's gaze. "O-oh, oh yeah. Uhm, uh just uhm follow me," his voiced was slightly strained and noticeably more high pitched then usual. "Uhm I'll show you to your room." Connor then proceeded to walk down the narrow hallway, head slightly tilted downwards as Troye followed dutifully behind, a self-satisfied smirk gracing his features.

_________________________________________

AN: Yoo its starting to get hot and heavy with some serious flirting action woo. I honestly have no idea what just happened with the whole 'halfsies' thing. That honestly came out of nowhere and was incredibly unplanned Idek anymore that really wasn't meant to happen but it did and I have no regrets. This part of the story was not meant to go this way at all like what even was I on when I wrote this but eh I guess I'll just make this kinda a filler chap(sorry) and put what was originally gonna happen in the next chapter bc I don't want it to seem too rushed. But seriously guys you guys are all hella awesome. Ik I haven't updated in like a week but during that time I went up from 500 reads to 1k reads and I couldn't be more astounded I'm so glad you guys like this story, I really really did not expect anyone to enjoy it be here you guys are ILY SO MUCH THANK YOU.

OH OH AND I'D LIKE TO DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO MY AMAZINGLY WONDERFULLY TALENTED FRIEND DALIA WHO SUGGESTED kinda FOR ME TO WRITE MORE CHEEKY DIALOGUE AND SO THIS WAS KINDA BORN HOORAY. GO CHECK HER OUT ON TUMBLR PLEASE HER NAME IS CONCONSIVAN. ALSO SHE HAS A TERRIFIC FANFIC UP ON AO3 THAT IS LITERALLY LIFE CALLED 3 SONGS FOR CONNOR GO CHECK IT OUT PLEASE BC ITS SIMPLY AMAZING

OKAY THAT IS ALL. BYEEEEE