Her POV

As I walked into the classroom, I saw HIM. As handsome as always. I sat next to my best friend, Mona, who was two seats in front of him. I could not focus during class, for I felt a pair of eyes on me. His pair of hazel eyes. When the bell rang for lunch time, he walked up to me. I already felt my cheeks turn bright red.

"Can I have a chat with you after school?" William questioned me.

My stomach filled with butterflies. Was he going to ask me out?

"Yeah, yeah, sure," I replied while instantly regretting it, for it was such an awkward and dry reply.

I could not focus for the rest of the school day as I kept pondering about what he could possibly "chat" about? Was he going to ask me out? Does he want me to help him cheat on tests? Thoughts and thoughts rushed through my mind.

Although school ended, I waited for William by the school gate. When I saw William, I rushed to him.

"Ya needed me," I giggled while tilting my head to the right.

"Oh, right!" William stuttered, "Do you know if... Um... If Mona is single?"

"I'm asking because I want to ask her out, but afraid to get rejected," he said while trying his best not to make eye contact.

"Yeah! Mona is single," I replied while forcing a smile with a tear running down my left cheek. "Go! Go for it ask her out!" I tried not to sound sarcastic yet failed.

"Kay Kay, Thanks a ton!" he exclaimed as I sprinted home not wanting him to see my tears. Once I arrived home, I instantly blocked William and Mona on every social media platform. I knew it was a childish thing to do, but I still had to cope with it somehow.