Coping

Next day

I decided to go to school that day, but this time I went wearing something revealing. I wore the most revealing outfit I own. To attract something or someone. That day I chose to sit with a group of friends that I knew Mona didn't like. I called that group of friends "Mona's enemies" or how others call them "The Cool Kids". However, I think Mona dislikes them only because they make her feel insecure. That group of friends included: Skylar, Erica and Ann. Ann and I are close. We often exchanged notes and chatted in the middle of class on hair and makeup products.

I made sure to stay away from Mona all day until she looked at me in disgust. I kept side-eyeing Mona while smirking. I enjoyed as I saw Mona annoyed.

Between classes, I went to the bathroom and wailed, for my friend of 9 years had betrayed me. Until now, I still couldn't believe it. As I calmed myself down, I dried my cheeks and reapplied my makeup. It's crazy how I thought I could trust Mona. I used to vent to her. I used to tell her my deepest and darkest secrets, yet it all disappeared in less than a week. It hurts more seeing my best friend moving further from me than my crush being taken. My head spun like never before which kept happening for weeks.