𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐧𝐣𝐚; 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥. 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

"Ya sure you're alright in the back?" John peered around the passenger seat.

Elena nodded, closing her eyes as she rested her flushed head against the cool glass of the window. She could hear the gear shift croaking as Robert sent the car into drive, pulling away from the Bonham house.

She knew her first nightly venture would be a struggle; too many memories painfully associated themselves with the simple act. But Robert had been so kind... So excited for this moment. There wasn't a chance in Hell that Elena was going to deny him of this night, much less pull out at the last minute.

Besides, she was looking forward to it. Spending time with John and Robert together was a fargone memory by this point, and she missed those times like a teenager longing for a childhood toy. It was a case of willing her brain to suppress past events, to allow her to enjoy living her life as she'd been stripped of it for at least a year.

The peculiar thing? She'd been fine all day. In fact, John wasn't sure when the last time he'd seen Elena so excited for something. Of course, he knew it was Robert—and he took no offence to it; it was about time she allowed herself to see him how he saw her. She'd repressed it for long enough, at least in John's eyes. He wasn't so ignorant as to ignore how Robert's presence the past couple of weeks had improved her mood, even if only for a few minutes. And for Robert? Well... Pining wasn't a strong enough word.

Elena had managed to keep her emotions in check throughout the day, but as soon as she had settled into the backseat of Robert's car, that was when the nerves crept in like unwelcome visitors. The weight of the evening's plans bore down on her, the apprehension thick in the confined space of the car.

Don't freak out...

Don't make it a big deal...

You've done this plenty of times before...

You'll be fine.

But what if–

No, stop it.

What if he's ther–

He won't be.

What if he is, though?