"Have your fucking box back."

6am you woke up to a banging in your door. Yes. 6 in the damn morning. You didn't have planned visitors since you never really told anyone where you were moving to other than your parents, so it couldn't really be any friends, if you even had any left after the escaping of New Jersey stunt.

Too tired to put on anything decent, since it wasn't like you had any plans today, you just chuck on a pair of black sweatpants and a black tank top before walking down your stairs.

The second the sound of your foot creaking the stairs upon the first step, the knocking stopped.

Pausing; you wait... something was off. You didn't know what it was, but it was something. But since the knocking hadn't started again, you just continued your steps down the stairs.

You went to get your front door key from the kitchen, only to see it on a unit by the front door...

'I swore I left the keys in the kitchen last night... what the fuck...?' You take a moment to look out of the door's peephole to see who was outside...

Nobody.

Just what looked to be some kind of box...

Since nobody was there, you grab the key from the unit, unlocking the front door to walk forward to grab the package before seeing the odd eye symbol on it and writing saying: 'Noah Maxwell'.

Of course it was the damn crazy neighbour...

Despite wanting to refrain from talking to your neighbour ever since you arrived, you knew you couldn't just take the package for yourself or leave it for a stranger or random porch pirate to take. So you pick it up, and begin to walk down from your driveway and down the sidewalk towards the house that was your crazy neighbour's.

The house looks fine, normal actually despite its resident. It was pretty nice actually; yet of course the feeling of unease still lingered, as if something was out of place.

Strolling up your neighbours driveway, unintentionally dragging your feet along with you on the concrete, making a rough scraping disturbance that make the skin on your skin stand up on it's edge.

The box was relatively light, you had an urge to give the box a gentle stage, an urge you decided not to act upon to avoid being nosy. But even without giving a gentle shake, you could easily tell that there was barely anything in the box anyway.

As you step infront of your neighbour's front door,  you knock on the double doors...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

You wait... listening intently for any incoming footsteps, which after a few seconds, could be heard approaching. Soon enough, the door is opened by an exhausted looking man, the man that was the same guy waving around camera on the night you moved in. His clothes were very casual, which was something that you both seemed to have in common at this current moment. You look at the slim built man, avoiding eye contact as to make this a quick in and out interaction...

"Hey umm, your Noah, right?"

You ask... why were you so nervous? You weren't normally this nervous when talking to people, it was rare that you would be described as nervous. Mostly being described as blunt, sarcastic, but easy to get along with once someone gets to know you; yeah... you have your moments, but who doesn't, right?

"Umm... yeah. Do I know you?"

The man confirmed before following up with a question in return.

"Have your fucking box back."

You reply, bluntly. This interaction had already gone on for too long, longer than your liking anyway.

Noah glances down at the box, seeing the symbol on the box that of which he hates to his core. However, before he could say a word or accuse you of anything, you place the box in his hands, turn around, and walk off back down Noah's driveway.

"Hey! Wait, who even are you?!"

Noah asks in a serious and demanding tone.

You didn't want to answer, yet your mouth opened, and you spoke:
"Y/N."

Without letting the conversation go any further, you continue brisk walking down the driveway, reaching the sidewalk to make you way back to your own home.

Hearing your neighbour go back inside and close the front door with the box in hand, you let out a sigh of relief... before returning back to your own home...

...You have no idea just how involved you are...

•—————————————————————•

HEY GUYS!! 754 words this time, im proud of myself. Sorry for keeping you waiting for a while, I've got my mock GCSEs today and for the next week so I've been quite the busy man (plus my own series in the making *cough cough* Devs.Journal *cough cough*, but yeah! I hope ya'll liked this chapter!! <3