"Shift over."

Your shift was over, after what felt like torture dealing with customers after customers, you could finally go home.

You worked in your local store down the street from you, so there was no reason for you to ever drive there.

Pulling on your jacket and picking up you're belongings, you push open doors of you're workplace and begin you're walk back home.

Street lamps stalked overhead, illuminating the sidewalks of Florida. You felt safer than you did in New Jersey.

New Jersey was always a risk, to you at least. You knew what lurked around. It wasn't just the whole Slenderman prank going on with the EverymanHYBRID crew that ruined all chances of you staying there any longer; that... thing from Alex's closet, the pain that that thing causes wasn't something you'd prefer to fuck with. You can't help but glance down at the bandages wrapped around your forearm, you were still healing.

Your memory was mostly blurred from the incident; you watched that thing crawl across your kitchen floor on all fours, and before you even knew it, you were ringing 911 for help... you're arm was shredded, skin torn off, blood spreading and rolling down you're arm...

You had to stay in the hospital for a while.

'I don't remember.'

Was the excuse you gave to the doctors when they questioned you. You never told anybody about what had actually happened, you had felt like it was a bad idea to do so.. for some reason. Looking back on it now, you wish you told somebody. Anybody.

But it was too late now, you were out or New Jersey, away from everything. That isn't your problem anymore. If anything, whatever happened to the EverymanHYBRID crew also isn't your problem anymore; Whatever does happen to them, then they better figure it out, cause you weren't gonna come flying in like a knight in shining armour.

The air was quiet, an uncomfortable quietness. The only clear audible sound was the sound of your shoes layering over the pavement of the sidewalk.

Despite the material of your jacket over your back, it couldn't prevent the sharp chill from sprinting down your spine; feeling the hairs on your arms rise up, your hands red and numb from the harsh cold, same with your cheeks.

Seeing your car in the distance, you approach your driveway, completely ignoring your neighbour's residence, wanting nothing more than to just go home and relax.

However.. when you couldn't help but glance at your neighbour's garage; standing there, a shadow figure was creeping.

'Yeah no, fuck that shit.'

You just began to speed walk to your front door, yanking your keys out of your pocket and unlocking your door.

You dive straight though, locking your door once more.

'He's not my problem... none of this is my problem.'

You peak out of your blinds, watching the front of your neighbours driveway.

'Not. My. Problem'

•—————————————————————•

487 words this time!!
I feel like shorter chapters like this is easier for me to write, and it sections things off easier. Do you like it this way?

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, you got more backstory and context this time!

Remember to stay hydrated and make sure to have at least 2 meals today!! <<33