"The worst part of the job."

If someone asked you what the worst part of you job was, you'd immediately say:

"Entitled customers."

Because nothing angered you more than dealing with a Karen over the counter because she didn't get the discount that she wanted. A discount that didn't even apply to the item in question!

Here you are, standing behind your cash register,  currently dealing with yet another Karen...

"The sign said 'reduced'! So I should get it at a reduced price!!"
This woman was pissing you off; yes, there was a 'reduced price' sign, but not for the food she was trying to buy, it wasn't something that was easy to miss either. It pretty much common knowledge just by looking at the sign.

"Ma'am, the reduced sign is for the food that is soon to go off in the next 2 ish days, not the food that is perfectly fine for the next 2 weeks-" Is what you tried to tell her, before she decided to cut you off.

"UGH, DONT MANSPLAIN ME!!"

Other customers and employees were beginning to turn their heads and stare, it was putting you off... their eyes... dead on you.

It reminded you to the dream you had... that... awful dream.

You snapped out from thoughts, however, as one of your fellow coworkers walked up to the entitled woman.

"Ma'am, you're causing a disturbance. We also do not tolerate the berating of our employees, so unless you calm down, then we're gonna have to ask you to leave."

The entitled Karen in question seemed to take that seriously... surprisingly. She just paid for the full price, and left, which was lovely.

A guy stepped forward, His dark hair fell around his face in unkempt waves. Over his chest, a white hoodie with black stripes, paired with black jeans and shoes. Over his deep shaded brown eyes, were black framed glasses.

His overall vibe gave a positive impression, lightening up your mood for some odd reason.

"Some people are rude, huh? You okay, dude?"
The man's voice spoke out.

"Yeah, kinda expected it for my first day though..." You replied with a nervous chuckle, which the man also did.

"Fair enough, I guess some people just don't understand that the person behind the counter is human too, and don't deserve to be shouted at."

It was... relaxing, having a conversation with someone without feeling stressed and pressured about anything, even if it was just a customer from over the counter while you were working.

"Heh, yeah."

And with that, the kind man was done and paid for since he only had a drink and a few other small snack items.

"Thanks Y/N!" The man thanked you, before walking out of the store, a smile on his face.

Wait... how the fuck did he know my nam- never mind, I wearing a name tag.

•—————————————————————•

475 words!! Not much but I'm trying okay.
Sorry I haven't updated this for like a week or so, I just finished my mock GCSEs this week, and currently waiting for my results. Hoping I did well!
You know what I'm also hoping for?
That you liked this chapter!! :3

(Yo, it's like 25 degrees over here in the uk and I'm literally turning into a roast dinner over here 😭)

HAVE TO REMIND YOU:
If you haven't drank or ate anything today, then go and do so!
I appreciate you, cause you are amazing! Remember that. <3