𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

LIKE DOMINOES, FALLING

SHIT HIT THE FAN, AS IT ALWAYS DID WITH THE CULLENS AND THEIR PISS POOR LUCK.

Things had been good, easy, for the weeks following Paul and Augustine's exchange. Emmett had gotten around to giving Paul the shovel talk, making sure that both Jasper and Edward were also in attendance to really solidify the "if you hurt her, we'll skin you" message they tried to send. And to top it off, Rosalie was the one who met him at the door, offering up an even more colourful version of the boys' message.

But, like nearly everything, negative things always disrupted the temporary peace that the Cullens found.

It was the beginning of winter when Augustine had returned home from a night at Paul's house and her family had debriefed her on a sudden betrayal; Irina had come to make amends, only to see Renesmee utilizing her more vampiric abilities.

As a result of witnessing such, the Denali woman thought that Renesmee was some sort of Immortal Child. And when Augustine asked what that had to do with their family, Alice revealed that Irina had gone to the Volturi to tell them of their family's crimes.

"So, we're vampire fugitives? Is that what you're telling me?" she asked the clairvoyant, and if stress lines could form upon marble, the ravenette was sure she'd be sporting some.

Alice winced, but nodded. "That's the best way to put it, yeah."

Augustine nodded to herself slowly. "Cool, cool, cool..." she trailed off, mentally cursing the hell out of Irina. There was a reason she'd never gotten along with that Denali woman, and now her family was in jeopardy because of such a massive misunderstanding.

Not only that, but if the Volturi were coming to charge them with a crime of this magnitude, that meant Alec would be in attendance to. Her mind drifted to her old penpal, wondering if maybe she should write to him, to try and explain, or—

"That's not a good idea, August," Edward called out to her, and her eyes narrowed once she realized he had read her thoughts. "Alec won't believe your word over Aro's command, you know this."

"It was just wishful thinking," she murmured in response, crossing her arms over her chest. "But what do we do? I mean, they're clearly coming to kill us."

"We're going to round up some witnesses," Emmett supplied from his place near the couch. "Other vampires who can vouch for the truth."

Augustine thought that was a sound plan; the more people to stand with them and witness that Renesmee is no Immortal Child, and instead is definitely some type of weird hybrid child, the better their chances were at making it out intact.

She clapped her hands together. "Okay! Let's do this!" she addressed the room, only to get a few grimaces thrown her way paired with a looming silence. "Why am I suddenly sensing a but, here?"

"Edward brought up a good point last night," it was Carlisle who took the reins of this portion of the debrief. "Aro's expressed a desire in having him, Alice, and you join his ranks before... we must be vigilant, alright?"