CH 5: Strangers we became

Katara POV

Me, Aang, Sokka, Toph, and Zuko are walking down the halls of the palace. "Aang and Katara heres your room" Zuko says as he opens the door. Inside theres 2 beds, a restroom, a closet, and a mirror. With fire nation decor inside. "Its nice" Aang says followed by me nodding. "Im glad. Oh by the way, all of thease rooms are mostly the same. Feal free to add or remove decorstions, no one uses thease rooms anyways". Zuko moves to the next room which was for Sokka. Just like he said it looked practically the same. "You wernt kidding" Sokka says as we close his door "And now we have Tophs" Zuko says moving to the next door and opening it. The room was much nicer. With a massive painting of Avatar Kyoshi and Avatar Roku in the middle. Only one Queen sized bed. "Why did the blind one get this" Sokka says, mesmorized by the room. "I got a good one?!" Toph aks. "Can we switch" Sokka asks. "I dont know, I just LOVE the decor" Toph says smiling too Sokka's anoyance. "Its getting late all of you should rest" Zuko tells us before heading to his room. Me and Aang walk into our room and close it. "Are we going to do the date thing". I ask rubbing my eyes. "Sure" he responds before shoving himself in bed. "I allready have an [yawns] an Idea". Aang says drifting to sleep asleep.

The next day

"Are you ready"? I ask Aang as Im putting on my heels. "Yheah basically". He responds. I turn to him and ask "where are we going"? "Places" he says. "Is it to a resturant"? I ask. "Could be" he says as he puts on his shoes. We leave the palace and enter the city. "Where are we going" I ask. "We are gonna go too... Hm, there" Aang says as he walks over too a fancy building with a sign saying "Benders haven". "Dont they only serve dinner"? I question.

"Maybe" Aang says. We enter then go towards the front counter. "Can we get a table"? Aang asks. "Unless you have a reservation Im afraid you cant. Its fully booked" the lady says. "What if I told you im the av-" Aang says before getting cut off. "I know your the avatar. And I dont care" she says bluntly. "Hey, now thats rude" a man says walking behind her smiling at me and Aang. "I'll get you two a table, follow me" he says too her anoyance. We get to our table and sit down, Aang gave a sigh of relief. "Aang, would it kill you to make reservations once in your life" I say. "Eh, its fun having Avatar prviliges" he responds.

The girl at the counter comes back with 2 menus and hands it to us. "I'll be back soon". She says before walking away. "Man... they only have water tribe food". Aang says as he grimices. "Cant handle the ocean food, air boy". I say trying to lighten the mood. A long silence is followed. I look at the menu then my eyes widen. "What is it"? Aang asks. "I didnt think or even considered that they would have this". I say shocked. "Have what"? Aang asks. "Akachan same soul. I heard its a delecacy. No one in the south tribe has ever tasted it. Neither has most of the north" I say. "What does that mean? Aang asks curiously. "Apparently its freshly hatched shark-lion. You have to cook it alive, but they dont feel any pain, apperently. And I've also heard its the most delicious meat ever. I kinda want to try it" I say.

"I dont... sounds too violent, I'll probobly just get a salad or something". Aang says quietly. The waiter comes back. "You ready to order"? She says bluntly. "I'll have Akachan Same Soul." I say as she writes it down. "I will just take a salad" Aang says as she writes our orders down and walks off.

We stare at eachother blankly. "Where do they even get the shark-lion"? Aang asks. "I think they have one in... like a lake. You know the lake 3 blocks over. Probobly why no one is allowed to swim there". I say. "Really, I havnt seen it there. Or a shark-lion ever. What does it look like"? Aang asks. "Its like purple and gray, I think" I say. "No, I dont think I seen it then. Are you sure its there"? Aang asks. "Eh, I dont know. Im telling you the extent of my knowlage. Im just trying to make sence of it". I say.

"Ok then". Aang says before going silent. "Im not even that hungery are you"? Aang asks. "I mean I can eat. Im not too hungry though" I say. "Yheah me too. I dont even know how much this is gonna cost. Also wouldnt your dish be more like a dinner thing" Aang asks. "I think. " I respond. A long silence follows. "The weathers nice" Aang says. "Yheah" I respond with. "You know whats weird, this feals like a first date" I say awkwardly with a faint smile. "Yheah, it does" Aang says.