Chapter 28: Song of Defeat: Veil of Darkness

The morning sun cast a warm glow over Lust Beach as Team Awesome and guildmaster Altaria gathered for their long-anticipated battle. The sea breeze carried a mix of excitement and apprehension as Farfetch'd took his position as the witness, ready to oversee the clash between mentor and apprentices.

Guildmaster Altaria's imposing figure loomed over the sandy arena, his majestic wings fluttering with anticipation. His stern gaze conveyed the seriousness of the upcoming battle as he laid down the rules with a booming voice that echoed across the beach.

"You two better not hold back, understood? No items, no mercy," Altaria declared, his voice carrying a blend of challenge and encouragement.

Alex and Elton exchanged determined looks, their expressions a mixture of nerves and determination. They knew that facing Altaria would be no easy feat, but they were ready to prove how much they had grown since joining the guild.

As they handed their bag to Farfetch'd, it was a symbolic gesture of leaving behind any crutches and facing the battle with only their skills and teamwork. Farfetch'd nodded solemnly, understanding the gravity of the moment as he took custody of their belongings.

The tension in the air was palpable as Altaria roared a battle cry, signaling the start of what would be a thrilling and challenging duel. With hearts racing and adrenaline pumping, Alex and Elton braced themselves for the battle of a lifetime against their formidable guildmaster.

As the battle unfolded, Alex and Elton charged forward in unison, their determination burning bright. However, their attacks seemed futile against Altaria's fortified defenses. Altaria's Cotton Guard skillfully nullified their physical strikes, leaving Team Awesome momentarily stunned.

With a scoff, Altaria fortified his defenses even further, the Cotton Guard enveloping him like a protective barrier. Alex's Shadow Claw and Elton's Slam met the impenetrable defense, their attacks bouncing off harmlessly.

In response, Altaria unleashed a powerful Dragon Pulse, its force sending Team Awesome hurtling backward, crashing into the soft sand of Lust Beach. Farfetch'd, witnessing Altaria's dominance, cheered on his guildmaster, convinced that Team Awesome had underestimated the might of the guildmaster.

Undeterred, Altaria reinforced his defenses once more with another round of Cotton Guard, solidifying his position as an indomitable force on the battlefield.

Elton's voice cut through the chaos as he shouted instructions to Alex, recalling General Gallade's strategic advice from their past endeavors. "Alex! Torterra formation now!" With determination in their eyes, they swiftly coordinated their mini Torterra formation.

Alex crouched low as Elton positioned himself, ready to execute their plan. The intense battle continued as Altaria's Moonblasts aimed at them, forcing Alex and Elton to dodge with agility born of desperation and send them back with Shadow Claw powered up by Elton’s Mega Drain.

As Altaria prepared to charge with Sky Attack, flames encasing him, Farfetch'd was already applauding the presumed victory. However, Team Awesome wasn't done yet.

With a shout of determination, Elton and Alex enacted their Torterra formation. Alex acted as the sturdy base while Elton positioned himself atop, ready to unleash their combined strength.

Guildmaster Altaria, brimming with energy and confidence, let out another fierce war cry as he launched himself toward Team Awesome with Sky Attack, flames surrounding him in a fiery spectacle.

As Altaria descended with Sky Attack, aiming to deliver a finishing blow, he was caught off guard as Alex swiftly executed Counter, redirecting the attack with amplified force. The impact shattered the formidable defense Altaria had built with Cotton Guard. In that crucial moment, Elton struck with Slam, intensifying the assault on Altaria.

Advent: Explorers of BoundariesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara