Exploding Slime

It had become routine for the creatures (Izuku decided to call them Slugcats) to come to school with Izuku. The first time he'd tried to leave them at home, they had decided to break another very expensive window to follow him. Hey, at least Katsuki didn't bother him as much anymore.

Izuku had been walking home with the Slugcats one day when Katsuki had started making fun of him (as he often did). Explody was not having it, so she apparently figured blowing up in his face was the right thing to do. Katsuki didn't like this very much, so he blew up in her face. Needless to say, Explody won.

Now, if the Slugcats hadn't been mysteriously transported to this place, and if they had decided to protect someone other than Izuku, Katsuki would have said something awful to him. But, as that didn't happen, there's no reason to dwell on it. What did happen, however, was that little incident with the Sludge Villain. It went very differently than it should have, as the Slugcats were there. And as it turns out, the creature Izuku had decided to name 'Black Hole' played an important role in absolutely destroying that Villain.

"Hey, Black Hole, I know you like playing with the weird things you... Throw up, but we should probably get home now." Izuku was sitting next to the tan Slugcat, who was messing with a strange dark red plant. As he watched the creature, he saw Black Hole seemingly combine the plant with a piece of rubble that had been laying around. The rubble started faintly glowing red.

"That looks kind of dangerous. Maybe you should put it away somewhere?" Black Hole looks at him, frustrated. He keeps combining random things for a while, and eventually he's also holding a transparent, orange thing that reminds Izuku of a fish egg, except much larger.

Black Hole seems happy as he looks at the two items he's holding. He stands up and looks at Izuku expectantly, waiting for him to lead the way.

Izuku chuckles.

"Alright, it looks like you're ready to head home. C'mon, lets go!"

He starts running towards his house, but stops when a manhole cover right in front of him explodes, letting a goopy mass out.

"Ah, a body. And an inconspicuous one too." The thing -- no, the villain -- says, before it grabs Izuku and starts trying to force itself inside of him.

I can't breathe-

Well, not being able to breathe didn't last long. He looks over and sees Black Hole, who had fallen on the Villain, releasing Izuku.

Black Hole slowly runs over to Izuku and gets him a fair distance away from the Villain while it's still recovering. He then combines the two things he had been holding into a sparking, blue sphere that just felt wrong.

Black Hole glances at Izuku, then at the other Slugcats nearby. He suddenly throws the object. It hits the ground and Izuku forgets to breathe for a second. It's starting to... Float?

A strange distortion starts appearing around the thing and Black Hole tackles Izuku, keeping him down while the strange sphere pulls the villain in and explodes, causing Izuku's ears to ring. He opens his eyes (when did he close them?), and sees pieces of the villain scattered around. He looks at Black Hole, now absolutely terrified of the creature.

"Uh..." Izuku trails off, still staring wide-eyed at Black Hole.

"I didn't tell you to take your name literally?"

The Slugcat just looks up at him, black eyes filled with innocence.

Izuku is so shocked he doesn't notice another figure pop up out of the now open hole, scratch his head, and ask the most simple question ever known.

"What happened here?"

Izuku gasps, his brain finally registering who was standing right in front of him.

"A-All Might?"

"Yes, I am here! I was chasing a villain, but..." He glances at the pieces of goop scattered around the area.

It seems something happened to it?"

"U-um..." Izuku stammers.

"M-my pet, Black Hole, a-apparently can make actual black holes..."

The Slugcat in question waddles up to Izuku, looking very proud of itself.

"Oh my. If I may ask, what kind of animal is that? I don't think I recognize it."

"I d-don't know what it is either, b-but I've been calling them Slugcats."

He suddenly remembers something and grabs his notebook, which had somehow managed to stay intact.

"U-u-um, can I have your autograph?" He asks quickly, holding it out in front of him.

"Why of course!" All Might takes the notebook from him and quickly scribbles something onto one of the pages. He hands it back to Izuku, who's eyes were shining with excitement.

"T-thank you so much! I'll treasure this forever! It'll be my family heirloom!" All Might laughs at this.

"You're welcome! Now, I have business to attend to. Goodbye!"

"WAIT!" Izuku shouts, making All Might stop momentarily.

"I have one question..."

"I suppose I have time, what is it?"

"I've wanted to be a hero all my life, but I don't have a quirk... Can.. Can someone like me, without a quirk, become a great hero like you?" He gets the words out quickly, taking a deep breath at the end.

"Well, I think it would be hard, but those 'Slugcats' you have seem rather strong if they managed to defeat this villain. I think with them at your side, you have the ability to become a hero!" He then flies(?) Off, leaving Izuku staring into empty space.

"All Might said... We can become heroes." He looks at the Slugcats.

"He said if we work together, we can become heroes!" He says again, a grin forming.

"I need to tell Mom what he said!" He starts sprinting to his home, the Slugcats following close behind.

"All Might said I can be a heroooo!" He shouts, laughing.

Now, because Black Hole saved him instead of All Might, things turned out differently. Much differently. He will never possess One For All, and this will change the future, mostly for the worse. What he does have, however, are the Slugcats, who, frankly, are much more powerful than One For All.

But, what if... The Slugcats aren't the only creatures from their world that found themselves here?