I Don't Know

Izuku opens his eyes. The first thing he sees is a purple eye with a huge pupil staring at him.

"Ahh!" He yelps. Ruffles leans in even closer and chirps.

"Oh. It's just you." Izuku sighs in relief. Or perhaps annoyance, it's a little hard to tell.

"Oh, you're awake." A fairly short lady with gray hair tied up in a bun moves into his field of vision. Izuku, being the fanboy he is, almost immediately recognizes her.

"Recovery Girl?" He asks, trying his best to contain his excitement.

"Yes. You gave us quite a scare when you passed out during the exam, boy." She taps her cane on the ground in disapproval. "However, we understand. That creature that attacked the other examinees was probably a near-traumatic experience for everyone who encountered it, as it was supposed to be a relatively safe exam. Speaking of, what you did was extremely reckless."

Izuku opens his mouth, but Recovery Girl beats him to it.

"However, It's a good thing you did do it, as Uraraka could have gotten seriously injured or worse if you hadn't."

Izuku perks up once more.

"Uraraka? Is that the girl I helped?" He shivers slightly at the memory of the creature.

"It is. In fact, she wants to come to thank you in person. I'll go inform her you're awake; I think she's been waiting here for quite a while just to see you." With that, Recovery Girl exits the room via a door, leaving Izuku and the Slugcats alone in the Probably-A-Nurse's-Office.

Explody immediately jumps on him and starts chirping and growling in what sounds like a scolding tone. After about ten seconds she switches to worried chirrups, and after another ten seconds, it's all comforting purrs.

Izuku giggles.

"I'm alright, thanks though." She nuzzles his face, and he feels something warm being slipped into his right hand. Izuku glances down and sees a bomb.

"Pffhh- what's that supposed to be for?!" The maroon Slugcat tilts her head quizzically, as if bombs were a completely normal thing to carry around 24/7.

Well, if I'm being honest, she probably does see it as completely normal.

The sound of a door opening breaks the moment of the two staring at each other, and Izuku glances towards the cause of the noise. Recovery Girl ushers the brown haired girl from the exam into the room.

"Um, hi? I'm Ochako Uraraka! Thank you so so much for what you did at the exam, I'm really glad you're alright! I- oh, sorry, am I talking too much? I do that when I get nervous... Oh!! Those little cat things are so cute!" Uraraka runs over to Banana and tentatively holds her hand out. The yellow creature pounces on it, aggressively tickling. Izuku chuckles.

"I-it really wasn't t-THAT big of a deal, was it? What am I saying? It could've... " he trailed off, mumbling about what could've happened if he or someone else didn't step in.

"Are you alright?" Izuku jumps, pulled back to reality by the voice. He rubs the back of his head sheepishly, blushing slightly.

"Yeah, I just get a bit lost in thought sometimes..." Uraraka smiles. "It's all good! Do your pets have names?"

"Yeah! And if I'm honest, I think of them as friends more than pets. Um, the yellow one's Banana, the white one is Marshmallow, the pink one is Hunter because she likes to bring home "gifts", like a lot of cats, you know? The maroon one with the scar over her left eye is Explody, the round tan one is Black Hole...."

As soon as Izuku opens the door Inko is upon him. She bursts into tears and hugs him so tight he thinks he might burst.

"M-m-Mom..." He manages. That gets her to loosen her grip, at least.

"S-sorry, I'm your glad my boy's alright! I got so scared when I heard there was a weird animal that attacked and you got hurt! Or maybe you didn't, I was just so worried!"

Izuku softly smiles, hoping it'll ease his mother's tension a little.

"I didn't get hurt, I just passed out after h-helping a girl that was in trouble." This didn't do much, as upon hearing the words 'passed out', she hugs him at the pressure of a hydraulic press once again, but only for a few seconds.

"You passed out?! Oh Izuku..! Are you sure you're alright?"

"I told you, I'm fine! And I'm probably getting into U.A! Isn't that amazing?" Inko takes a moment to process what he just said, but when she does, she dissolves into another bout of tears. This time however, they're tears of joy.

"Yes! Izuku, that's amazing! I really hope you do! I'm so proud of you!"

Izuku just smiles.

A/N: sorry it's so short, I just didn't know what to write here! So it's kind of a filler, I guess. The next chapter is probably going to be the longest one yet, because reasons.