Slugcats are Terrifying

"Izuku! The letter's here!" Izuku immediately jumps up from where he'd been writing in his hero analysis and rushes to where Inko's voice had sounded from. His mother is tentatively holding the letter, looking as if she's afraid it will shatter if she grips it too hard. Izuku quickly snatches the envelope and bolts back to his room.

"I'll tell you the results!" He calls over his shoulder.

Once he's sitting at his desk, Izuku carefully opens the thing that will change his life forever. He's slightly confused when all that comes out of the now torn envelope is a small, black disk, but a second after the object clatters onto the wooden surface of the desk, a holographic video is projected into the air, showing none other than...

"All Might?!" Izuku gasps, staring at the transparent screen.

"I am here... As a projection! Yes, I will be teaching at UA starting this year! But that is not what we are talking about! Young Midoriya, you displayed incredible bravery in the practical exam. That turn of events was uncalled for, and while most fled from the strange beast that was attacking, you faced it head on to save young Uraraka! If that doesn't guarantee your spot in UA, I Don't know what does! As for Uraraka, she also has a spot in the hero course, as she amassed enough villain and rescue points to attend! Welcome, Izuku Midoriya! This is your hero academia! Uh, there should be a note in the letter you received with information."

The recording ends, and Izuku is left staring, breathless, into space.

"Mom! I got in!"

_____

"It's huge..." Izuku whispers as he stares up at the gate to UA.

I can't believe I'm actually attending my dream school...!

Ruffles bumps against his knee, snapping him out of the awestruck state he had been trapped in.

Izuku chuckles. "You're right, don't want to be late on the first day!"

The Slugcats had come with him, because of course they had. Izuku knew that if he had tried to leave them behind, they would've found some way to break into the school and get to him, and that would arguably be worse than just bringing them in.

"Alright, the gate won't let anyone without a student or teacher I.D card in, so we'll have to hope that if you guys stay close to me, it'll be fine..." Izuku slowly walks towards the gate. Once he's standing right next to it, it opens, letting him (and the Slugcats, thankfully) onto the school grounds.

"1-A... That's my class." Izuku mutters as he enters the building.

After only a few minutes of being lost, Izuku is standing in front of an overly huge door which is labled "1-A". He takes a deep breath, then opens the door.

"Lower your feet from the desk this instant! Don't you see how disrespectful it is?!" "Hahhh? Don't tell me what to do, you extra!" Izuku winces. Figures. A moment after he enters the room, the boy with the glasses that had yelled at Katsuki turns to him.

"You! Are those creatures your pets?! It is in no way proper to bring any sort of creature into a school as fine as UA!"

Explody growls at the boy, but is ignored.

"Sorry, but if I d-didn't, they would have found a way in here anyways.." Izuku mumbles.

Glasses-boy scoffs. "I don't see how that logic works. You will have to check with a teacher."

Izuku silently nods, moving to his desk, which just happens to be the one directly behind Katsuki's. Great.

"Oh! Hi, Midoriya, wasn't it! It's really fun that we're in the same class!" Uraraka waves at him from a couple desks over.