Exams are Dangerous

A/N: This chapter's not all fun and games...! This especially I feel could be better but meh. Things are happening, and just like in canon, our poor Izuku is caught right in the middle.

__

It was finally exam day! Izuku felt like he had been waiting his entire life for this! Well, actually, he kind of had been. He wasn't actually worried about it, even though, in hindsight, he probably should have been. He has the Slugcats, right? Nothing would be able to stop him if he wanted to take over the world.

Boy am I glad that some villain didn't get their hands on the Slugcats.

Unfortunately, the universe seemed intent on messing up his day. And mess it up it did.

"I-I can't take them in with me?" The woman who had stopped him nodded.

"Yeah, you can't take pets in to help you, no matter how... Unusual or useful they are."

Izuku sighs.

Wait, is that allowed?

"Alright, I can't bring them in. Are support items allowed?"

Please please please...

"Yes, as long as you keep them minimal. We wouldn't want someone to cheat their way through the exam by taking, say, a gun into the exam."

Izuku smiles. That means he can probably get away with things the Slugcats give him. He crouches down and speaks quietly to the creatures.

"Have anything that would be useful in fighting giant robots?" Barely 5 seconds after he says it, Explody coughs up a bomb and shoves it in his face. He backs up a couple steps, chuckling nervously."Um, that's good, but it could hurt the other people taking the exam if I'm not careful. Maybe something with less of an area affect?" She huffs, clearly annoyed. Suddenly there's a sharpened price of metal with a red cloth tied around the tip in his face.

"Aghhhb. Uh, maybe don't do that as much? You're gonna accidentally hurt me one of these days... This is one of those explosive sticks, right?" Explody nods with an expression that looks a lot like an evil grin. "Aaaalright. Anyone have anything less... Extreme?" Vampire steps forwards and grows a bone-like spear from their tail, before snapping it off. They repeat the process, then hand him both of the weapons."Thanks! I just hope I'm a good enough aim with these to hit the right spots..." The purple Slugcat nods, acknowledging his thanks, then backs off, sitting next to Explody.

To no one's surprise, Black Hole waddles over to Izuku and presents him with an item. It's one of the orange, egg things. Izuku remembers that the creature had used it to create the antimatter bomb (as Izuku had taken to calling it) back when the Sludge Villain had attacked him. "This isn't like that crazy bomb you made back when that villain attacked me, right?" The tan Slugcat makes a sound that seems suspiciously like laughter and shakes his head. He mimes throwing the object and makes an explosion-like motion with his hands. "It's... Another thing that explodes?" Izuku guesses. Black hole nods, and makes a bigger explosion with his hands (or paws). "It's a stronger bomb, so I should... Only use it if I need to? The creature nods again, then joins Explody and Vampire.

"... Alright. Well," Izuku checks his watch. "OH no I gotta goBYeE!!" He speeds off, leaving all eight Slugcats (plus the woman who had stopped him from bringing said Slugcats into the exam grounds) staring at where he had just been.

"How rude. He didn't even check with me to make sure everything he had was acceptable."

____

There. Pebbles spots a two-pointer about 80 meters away and starts sprinting towards it. He's almost closed the distance when a large, strangely recognizable shadow soars to and hovers over the robot. A second later, a thin, red, beam of light flashes down and centers itself on the mech.