Chapter 15: Stargazing

"The stars may guide our course, but it is our actions that shape our destiny."

- Viserys I Targaryen, House of the dragons

She didn't think someone would recognize her outside of Wall Sina

She didn't think someone would recognize her outside of Wall Sina. Then again she was stupid for thinking that when she didn't even bother changing even a single part of her appearance. But could you blame her? Elena loved her white hair, always telling her not to do anything to it. And in a way, it reminded Adira what she had gone through, her victory braids were a major part of who she was.

Not only did she learn that someone knew who she was, but she also found out about the devastating news on Isabel Magnolia. It saddened her to think that the only person she was looking for was long gone already and they only met once.

Walking back to where they were staying, she managed to collect her thoughts on the recent events and reminded herself that this was a new beginning for her. She needed to understand the life of a scout and learn to accept the fact that she now has a team. Even if she did prefer working solo, she just hated when other people slowed her down. No one could catch up to her, not even when she went easy on them, except for Levi but now it made sense. Out of all the people here, he was the only one who came from the underground.

A small smile graced her lips now that she found out that Levi has been watching her since the very beginning of her hunger games journey, could you say that he's a fan? What a humorous thought that was to Adira. Levi? A fan of hers? Cute.

The sun started to disappear and that was already a sign for Adira that supper was about to start. Something she didn't look forward to either because the food was shit.

Dinner finally ended and Adira went back to her room, looking for a jacket that she could wear before she went stargazing.

Going through her closet, a knock resonated around the room and it could only mean one thing. It was Levi and he was watching the stars with her. She opened the door to be greeted by Levi and his stoic face. "Hello Levi. I'm still looking for a jacket to wear before we head out. Come in." She went back to her closet and kept the door open for Levi to follow.

Her favorite jacket was missing no matter how many times she went through her cabinet, where could she have placed it?

"What's taking so long?" Levi asked, annoyed at the time she's taking through her clothes and causing a mess.

"My jacket. I can't find it." Adira replied. "You can sit on my bed there if you're tired from standing. I don't mind." But the next thing she knew, Levi wrapped her with his own jacket. The feeling was warm and different, it was thick and it smelled just like him. It smelled of black tea.

"If it takes that long to find your damn jacket then might as well use mine. I can't keep waiting here." Adira blinked at his unusual gesture and let out a small snicker, tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ear.