Chapter 2: Enter, Monokuma & The Killing Game

POV: Kiyotaka Ayanokouji

"Hey there! Howdy! How y'all doing?" A voice from behind the podium said.

We all turned our heads to the source of the sound, but saw that there was nothing there... Until suddenly a bear hopped from behind the podium and landed on it. It was half white and half black and a red scar shaped eye on the black half. It had a childish voice but was filled with dread and despair.

"Huh... A teddy bear?" Muttered the lilac haired girl named Sakayanagi.

"Hey! I'm not a teddy bear! I... Am... Monokuma, and in this school, I'm your new headmaster. Nice to meet you all!" Said Monokuma in that same childish but dreadful voice.

"Wh-WHAAAAT?! This teddy bear can talk?!" Screamed the boy with the straw hat named Luffy.

"Calm down. I'm sure there's just a speaker inside it." Hayasaka tried to rationalize the situation.

"I told you already! I am not a teddy bear... I am Monokuma and I'm your headmaster!" Monokuma said with his hands raised above his head.

"WAAAAAH! It moved!" Luffy screamed.

"Seriously man, calm down! I'm sure it's just a remote controlled toy!" Uzumaki reasoned.

"How dare you compare me to a remote control stuffed toy?! My control system is so complex that not even NASA can comprehend! Oops, don't make me say things that would destroy NASA's dream, I just couldn't BEAR that!" Monokuma laughed.

"Ugh... Not bear puns being made by a stuffed bear..." Nagisa muttered.

"Bear that?... Seriously? You are unfortunate." Celestia insulted.

"Okay... Now let's stand straight and-" Monokuma started but was interrupted by none other than Junko.

"What? What? No more stupid bear puns?" The blonde fashionista mocked the bear.

"Quiet down now... Quiet..." Monokuma said.

"He has just abandoned the gag..." Siesta mumbled.

"Let's keep it that way." I responded.

"Alright... Stand at attention... And bow... And... Good morning!" Said Monokuma in a cheerful tone.

Though nobody responded since nobody was exactly in a good mood today but I oddly didn't feel anything.

"Meh... You lot are such buzzkills, you know?" Monokuma told us, looking like he was bored.

"It's not like we are obliged to do as you say." I reasoned.

"Fine... Whatever. I just wanted to tell you all something before I go." Monokuma said.

"And what might that be?" Siesta asked but with reluctance in her voice.

"Now then... Let us commence with a most noteworthy and memorable entrance ceremony!" Exclaimed Monokuma before continuing his speech "Firstly, let's talk a little bit about what your school life will be like. Now ah, make no mistake, you few students here, so full of potential, represent the hope of the world. And to protect that splendid hope... You all will live a communal lifestyle together solely within the confines of this school. Everyone will live in harmony together, and adhere to the rules and regulations of the school."

Everybody was shocked to hear that statement. I guess this does explain all the monitors or cameras and that big latch on the front gate and the metal plates on the windows. Also that pamphlet me and Shiota found earlier

[The next semester is about to start. Starting today, this school will be your entire world.]

I knew it was ominous but I didn't think it would be so literal...