he didn't even introduce himself

[STILL YOUR POV !!]

i watched as he walked off. i blinked once and he disappeared. he better come back though or else my whole life is ruined.

suddenly, i felt a tap on my shoulder. i turned around to see that zest fest smiling deviously at me. he had a.. brand new head.. i guess? "and im Mr. Puzzles. pleasure to meet you." at least he finally told me his name.

we entered the tent together. i went backstage to get my uniform.. thing.. ready. that Puzzles guy went to explore the grounds in the tent, to probably get used to things.

i wore a suit with a red tie. to top it off i had a top hat and some 'business shoes', you know, the shoes those typical male teachers wear in schools. i also wore a skirt / pants (you pick!) with the outfit. i also had that stick thing ringmasters have for some reason.

i walked out from the backstage area and found Mr. Puzzles getting excited over random people (who probably expect a show) getting seated at the sidelines. to be honest, im not excited at all. i haven't done a routine with only one person. this might just ruin my whole circus' name. they expect so much while this is literally all i have..

"wow! so many people already? i didn't know it starts so soon!" he enthusiastically said. i wonder why he's like that. "what do you do pre-show?"

"usually i get the acrobat or magician to entertain the audience before the circus show actually starts.. but as you can see i obviously don't have them here at the moment." i sigh. he gives me a funny look. "oh don't worry about that." he reassured.

i gave him a look of confusion.

somehow, he duplicates himself.

eventually there were tons of him. all to replace my missing performers.

"what the- cloning yourself? .. that's actually a good idea!" my eyes lit up as he somehow had the skills to tightrope walk and juggle and also do magic tricks at the same time.

maybe my career isn't going to die after all.

[time skip, after performance]

i watched as all the viewers left the tent. Mr. Puzzles was back to being a singular being.

it was actually very successful. we didn't even practice a routine and he already knew what to do. he's brilliant.

"so? how was that?" he asked me, as if he didn't just give me an oscar worthy performance.

"great! perfect! excellent! uh.. amazing?" i tried keeping it cool. honestly he carried the whole circus majiggy..

he looked pleased with himself.

....
...
..
.

my realisation hits. id have to pay him. how much money would i even give to him? that was amazing! pure talent! he was gifted!

he seemed to have read my mind.

"don't worry about anything. just relax." he seems to be out of breath somehow. "up for the entirety of the bee movie with bonus features?"

that was a strange question. but i was up for it.

"sure."

he took off his head and played the bee movie with bonus features. my mind slowly shut off as i stared at the screen.

suddenly i wasn't even thinking anymore.

(lol you kinda got brainwashed into tv guy)

(ok but you have plot armour so don't worry)

556 words