The Anniversary// Part Two

After a lot more yelling, all but Adam sat at the dining room table, Violet still having not had a chance to talk to Jonny yet.

His mum was shooting him occasional flares, sighing every time she looked at her (now ruined) nice chairs, over by the window.

Jonny had been pissed at Adam for snitching about his tattoo so had stuck a hose through an open window, pointing it down at Adam before using another window to lean through and pin him to his chair, practically water-boarding him.

"I'm really not happy with you." Jackie frowned at Jonny before calling Adam down for his food.

"My lovely chairs." She continued, shooting them a sad glance.

"Sorry, Mum." Jonny said, his voice insincere.

"Thanks for the cool clothes, Dad." Adam said, walking in the room.

Violet stifled a glance at the sight of him.

"Pleasure." Martin grinned, unaware that his son was being sarcastic.

"I really don't look ridiculous." Adam continued in the same tone as before, walking around to his seat opposite Violet.

"No, you really do look ridiculous. Pull your trousers up." Jonny told him, grinning as he made an attempt to pull Adam's trousers down.

Adam shoved Jonny away, lifting up his fist as he walked round to Jonny's tattooed arm.

"Don't you dare!" Jonny flinched.

"Just sit down." Jackie sighed, "Can we all just try and make this a special anniversary dinner, please?"

Everyone muttered a small 'okay' as Jackie took the time to glare at the four sat in front of her.

"So, there's steak tonight." She told them, taking the lid off of one of the dishes.

"Ooh! Lovely bit of squirrel beef!" Martin chuckled, his laughter getting cut off by the doorbell.

"Oh, not now." Jackie moaned leaving the room.

Martin waited until she was gone to pick up a bit of steak, grinning excitedly.

"Meat!" He said, nodding at the two boys in front of him.

The four loaded their plates up with food as Jackie chatted with Jim (well they presumed it was), leaving enough food for her plus leftovers.

"Oh! Boys? Martin? Violet?" Jackie called through, her voice oozing with stress and fear making the four jump up, looking at each other with confusion and panic.

"Jackie?" Violet hollered as the four rushed to the front door.

"What happened?" Jonny frowned as they saw Jim leaning up against the bathroom door, face first, looking as though he was drunk.

"Everything all right?" Adam asked, looking at Jim in bewilderment.

"Hello, boys, girl and man." Jim greeted.

"Jim's sedated." Jackie explained, twiddling her fingers nervously.

"Sedated?" Martin repeated.

"Yes, you see, I went to take my special pills for my.."

"We don't need to know." Jonny cut Jim off with a disgusted expression on his face.

"..funny bottom. The thing is, they look just like Wilson's sleepy pills."

Jim held up a white plastic tub of pills, a photo of a dog smiling happily on the front of it, making Violet confused about what pills Jim was on about having to take himself.