The Funeral // Part One

"Jonny come on, it's your uncle's funeral!" Violet called out as she headed towards Adam's car.

The boy was dragging his feet, having been pouting all morning about what he had to spend his days doing.

"Great uncles." He corrected, joining her at the car (where Adam was looking at the two with a glare) with a huff, "It's gonna make me miss the grand-prix!"

Violet rolled her eyes, Jonny's obsession with the grand-prix was out of control, it's all he'd been talking about all morning.

Ever since they were younger, whenever the grand prix was on, that was Jonny's priority for the day no matter what, so the fact it was all he was focused on, despite having a funeral to go to, wasn't surprising to Violet at all.

"It's still a bit sad, surely?" Violet shrugged, she'd never met Jonny's great uncle, nor had she heard much about him, but as his girlfriend she'd gotten an invite and felt obliged to attend.

"He was a knob." Jonny stated, joining his brother in the car.

-

Violet cringed as Adam's car creaked and groaned as he pulled onto his parents drive. He really needed a new car.

"Adam your telling me you just got a music award and you still don't have enough money to buy a car?" Violet asked, unimpressed.

"This one still works-ish." Adam shrugged.

"It sounds like a goose." Violet told him, getting out the car, the two boys following suit.

"Seriously, I'm not missing the Grand Prix." Jonny complained.

"Maybe you could say that another 5,000 times." Adam sighed, the whole journey had been Jonny complaining about how their great-uncle's funeral was coinciding with the grand-prix. 

"You and the bloody grand prix." Violet groaned.

"Ah! The Grand Prix." Jim exclaimed, catching their attention as he stood awkwardly with Wilson on the Goodman's drive.

"Jim?" Adam frowned, looking at the man with a puzzled expression, due to the fact he emerged from the side of their house.

"Is that the one with the cars or the horses?" Jim continued.

"What are you doing here?" Adam asked.

"Just having our little walk, aren't we, Wilson?"

Jim flinched away from Wilson, making Violet give the dog a slightly sad look, reaching down to pet him so he could get the attention he deserved.

"In our drive?" Jonny scoffed.

""Hmm?" Jim shifted uncomfortably, not answering the question, hiding a blue bag in his pocket. Violet grimaced slightly as she realised what was in the bag, getting up and standing back next to the boys.

"Well, goodbye, then." She smiled politely, her and the boys turning towards the door, stopping when they heard a large sniff from Jim.

"Uh?" Jonny frowned as Jim continued to sniff intensely, taking a step back as the oddball got dangerously close to his crotch.

"You okay there Jim?" Violet questioned, raising her eyebrows at the man as he turned to sniff her, making her take an instinctive step towards Jonny as his face inched closer to her boobs.

"Just checking for meat." Jim informed.

"Meat?" Adam echoed.

"Yes. Wilson's on a no-meat diet at the moment, so we have to be very careful, don't we, Wilson? He's ravenous!"