The Ex-Boyfriend

"In advance, I'm sorry." Martin said as he opened the door.

"What?" Violet frowned, looking at Jonny next to her to see if he knew what his dad was on about.

"I tried to tell her, but you know how your mothers both get." Martin rolled his eyes, allowing the two into the house.

"What have they done? Why are you in a suit?" Jonny frowned at his dad.

"Well.."

"Ah Pissface, Pest!" Adam strolled in, looking far two pleased for either one's liking, him too dressed up in a suit.

"Pusface, what's going on?" Jonny growled.

Adam whistled in response, heading into the kitchen, Jonny and Violet giving each other a fearful look before they joined him.

"Mum? What are you?" Violet's took her jacket off, draping it over one of the kitchen chairs, her jaw dropping when she saw her mum helping Jackie cook.

She couldn't bring herself to finish her sentence as she saw how dressed up the two women were, further increasing her anxiety as that meant all four of those in the house were looking far fancier than usual.

"Oh good your here!" Val squealed, shooting Jackie an excited look as she went over to greet her daughter.

"Come on, I've got a change of clothes for you." Val winked as she dragged her daughter out the room.

"Change of clothes? Mum! What is going on?" Violet snapped as her mum took her upstairs.

She overheard Jonny having a similar conversation with Jackie, receiving the same response as Violet did. 'It's a surprise'.

"Mum your kidding me." Violet groaned as Val showed her the dress she bought, "That's one of the most revealing dresses I own!"

"Exactly! Perfect for tonight's guest." Val winked before leaving the room, muttering about how she had to make sure Jonny's usual suit looked as sharp as possible.

Violet growled softly at her mum's behaviour before getting changed, frowning at her reflection.

It was a short, body-con, long sleeved dress, with holes cut out in the middle,showing a decent amount of boob, cleavage and stomach without fully exposing herself.

It was backless, meaning even if she moved her hair to the front, part of her still felt exposed. It was something she'd bought back when she was 19 and had to be exposed to feel somewhat pretty, but now being 24 she didn't have that same problem, consistently happy with her appearance.

She put on the heels her mum had laid out for her, along with the matching jewellery, all gold. "I feel like a bloody bauble." She grumbled to herself before heading back downstairs.

"Oh my god!" Val gasped as Violet walked into the kitchen. "You look so gorgeous!"

"God! Don't you look lovely." Jackie squealed, linking her arm with Val's as the two women stared at Violet.

"Great. Can you tell me what's going on now?" She snapped, having no patience left for the women's antics, especially since Adam was involved and Martin was the one apologising.

"Fucking hell you look fit." Adam's jaw dropped as he came into the room, Jonny giving him a punch on the arm as a result.

Jonny stared at the girl in front of him, looking her up and down, his mouth slightly agape, smiling slightly as she told Adam to 'piss off', however never once taking his eyes off her.