[ 7 - cinnamon girl]

ANEMONE BLINKED A few times before she could see clearly

ANEMONE BLINKED A few times before she could see clearly. The first thing that met her was the warm reassurance of someone grabbing her hand. Jovian.

"Hey, sis," He spoke up quietly. Anemone tried to say something, but she only managed to let out a raspy murmur. She shook her head, tears whelmed in her eyes as she started to feel powerlessness.

"It's okay. The doctors say you might get out of here tomorrow." Jovian declared. "Oh, and don't worry about that guy from Four. He's fine. The tributes have got a vet."

Anemone couldn't believe her ears. A vet? She understood that Capitol had always looked down on the districts, but giving them a vet after a bombing was a huge mistake.

Once seeing her wide eyes, Jovian shook his head. "They wouldn't change their mind. I'm sorry, Ann."

The girl clenched her fists and looked away. Then she noticed a card belonging to the doctor and a pen attached to it. It took her a hot minute to sit down, but eventually - she wrote down:

Is everyone all right?

And showed it to Jovian. The boy's face fell as he glanced everywhere, but his sister. Anemone extended her hand and waved in front of his eyes, waiting for an answer.

Meanwhile, she started to worry.

The cruelty of going side by side with the Games was obviously awful. Mentors and tributes already needed a wave of reassurance to wash them off and provide them the better hope for tomorrow, not only in the body of the Plinth Prize.

But then Jovian spoke up, "Two mentors are dead, and so are their tributes."

Anemone could feel her face go pale as she noted down: Who?

Jovian swallowed, "The Ring twins." He murmured and gave her a look that Anemone could read as We're starting to get scared.

Anemone was never close with the Ring twins. She only did a school project together with Diana once or maybe twice. However, she felt somewhat devastated. Anemone always remembered them as upbeat siblings.

She almost wished she and Arachne had the same bond.

She wiped a single tear as someone knocked on her door. "I'm gonna go home now. I'll pick you up tomorrow morning, okay?" asked Jovian as he stood up. Anemone nodded, forcing herself to give him a small smile.

When Jovian left, someone else walked into the room. Festus.

"Hi." He said, sitting down at a chair in front of her. Festus was sporting a sling on his arm and a few stitches where a shard of metal had sliced his cheek. Anemone waved at him and grabbed the paper card to inform Festus she had problems with speaking clearly.

"Oh," said Festus. "Okay, um... How do you feel?"

Anemone wrote down: not bad not good.

"I get it. Uh, here," Festus walked over and put a small basket on the night table. "My mom made these for you."