𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞?

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆. she was texting and calling malakai constantly that night, although it continued to go to voicemail.

by the morning her fingernails were bit down so far due to her anxiousness, and she had barely slept.

and no she was not some obsessed girl who couldnt sleep without male validation, she was guilty. she felt as if she had upset malakai and she couldnt stand people being upset at her. especially people that she cared about.

and she was worried about him. god knows what he was going through. he was assaulted by a cop last night. things like that stick.

she headed off to school that morning in hope to see him, and she met up with quinni, amerie and darren.

darren was in the middle of showing the group a video of malakai getting thrown to the floor by the cop and it was circulating like crazy.

"for fuck sake." maggie groaned, running her hands through her hair out of stress.

"it started circulating over the weekend." quinni stated sadly.

"who even made it?" maggie spoke, anger lacing her facial expression.

"we dont know." darren responded.

"do you think hes seen it?" amerie inquired.

quinni shrugged in reply. maggie groaned, pursing her lips as she leaned her head against the back of the wall and closed her eyes, stress and strain running through her body.

she noticed how darren looked behind him, taking in his surroundings as if he was looking for something. she grinned as she knew the person he was searching for was a certain eshay.

"hes already in the hall." quinni spoke, referring to cash.

amerie perked up as a cheeky grin spread on her lips, "oh yeah how's that going by the way? getting matching mullets soon?"

darren mocked her, irritated by her sarcasm.

"amerie." maggie warned her, not liking the way she was talking about cash. she couldnt stand when anyone talked bad about her friends.

"sorry, i just have feelings about darren dating the most probbo person in school." amerie defended herself.

darren objected, "hes not probbo. sure he deals drugs but who doesnt?"

"exactly. cash is a good guy at heart amerie. a really good one." maggie informed her as she slipped in one of her airpods and began to play oasis.

as she glanced around the school, she spotted malakai approaching one of the doors and her heart dropped. he looked so down, she just wanted to run over to him and hug him. but she wasnt sure if he wanted to talk to her or not.

so she sat, closing her eyes and drifting away to the sound of half the world away by oasis.

❦❦❦

"turn that fucking video off." maggie demanded as she walked up to sasha and missy as she spotted sasha looking down at her phone and hearing the audio of the video that had been circulating of malakai.

"sorry." sasha spoke, rolling her eyes.

maggie exhaled, her gaze shifting towards missy. "can we go chat?"

"yeah sure babe. come on." missy smiled warmly, interlocking arms with her as she two moved downwards in the hallway to get away from sasha.