Chapter 3

SABA

"

Allah Hafiz " hearing my reply he left from there with his car. I turned around and made my way towards the door of my house"Saba you can do it, you are used to it, Bismillah" I consoled myself because I know what's coming next for me.  I took a deep breath and twisted the door knob 'Click ' and the door wide open revealing my father and stepmother sitting together in living room. My stepmother was saying something but she stop when she saw me entering "Kahan thi tm? time dekh rhe h aap Shadab kb  yeh ldki ghar aa rhi h" she said looking at me from head to toe. (Where were you? Have you checked the time Shadab,when this girl is arriving at home)

"I already told Papa it's was an emergency that's why I'm late" I replied "Oo really "she said her voice full with sarcasm "Was it really an emergency or something else huh? Do you think we are stupid . Since you are doing your internship that dosen't mean you can whatever you want". I just can't with this woman she never leaves a chance to put allegation on me. This was not the first time I'm quite used to it "First I don't care whether you believe me or not I'm not going to explain anything to you. Second if you want I can give you the number of my senior doctor or Dean so that you can talk to them and find out why I'm late"I said in a careless manner "Shadab,cant you see how she is talking to me say something"she said complaining my father ."Saba, is this is the way to talk to your mother"
finally he spoke but as usual in his wife's favor."Can't you hear she is accusing me for the things I haven't done. So what else do you expect from me? But as usual you don't care. All you want from me is to apologize right?  Okay then, I'm really sorry mother. Happy? " I said sarcastically ."I'm already tired I don't have strength to tolerate all this drama. You both can continue" saying this I turned around and made my way towards my room. I entered my room and locked the door quickly.
My legs gave up ,I fell on knees and started crying "Why Allah Paak? Why I have to face this? It really hurt's"I cried my heart out in the same position I didn't even realize when I fell asleep .

Next morning

I slowly opened my eyes as the sun rays was hitting my face . My whole body aches as I slept on the floor last night. I checked the time it's already 7am. "I have to be quick or else I'll be late"saying this I quickly got up from the floor and ran towards the bathroom. I took a quick shower and came out of my bathroom, then I opened my cupboard and took out fresh clothes. I wore my clothes ,took my coat and other things and ran downstairs . Then I picked a sandwich  from the table and ran towards the door "Allah Hafiz"I said and closed the door.
At hospital

Allahumdulillah I reached the hospital on time. I was doing my work while sitting in the staff room when Shahzeb sir entered "Listen everyone"
all the interns present there looked in his direction"Today I'll be taking a half day so,today you all will submit the reports to Dr. Rashid got it".
"Yes Sir "we all said in unison.
Day passed the next day

Today is Saturday so that means I'll be getting a half day. Completing my duty I returned home at 2pm. Entering the house I greeted my father "Assalam Walaikum Papa"I said
"Walaikum Assalam" papa greeted me in return then I quickly ran inside my room. After freshing up , I decided to take a nap.  Time passed.
In the evening,

I was reciting the Quran Masjid peacefully when I heard a knock on my door "Come in"I said just the Amaira my younger sister came inside "Aapi it's me Amaira "she said  "What happened? Do you want anything ?"I questioned "No, I don't want anything. Papa and Ammi is waiting for you downstairs "she replied. "Waiting for me?But why though? "I questioned again "Well. I also don't know. Go and find out yourself" she said and walked out of my room.I don't know why but suddenly I started to feel uneasy "Ya Allah, what's going on?."I came downstairs and found both of them talking "Papa did you called me?" I asked "Yes, sit down"he signalled me to sit on the sofa. "What happened? "I asked again "Nothing, we just wanted to tell you something "my heart quickened after hearing him"Saba,we have selected someone for you, I think this is the right time for you to get married. I called you here to inform you that tomorrow his family is coming to see you" I became shocked "WHAT? "

Love from JIMI