Chapter 4

SABA

"What?"like seriously it was ridiculous "How can you do this to me Papa? I haven't even completed my internship yet" I said almost shouting "There's no connection between your internship and marriage. It's not written anywhere that you can't marry if you are doing an internship"my step mother said,she is unbelievable "Your mother is right  Saba and yesterday we have gone to meet the guy and his family"he paused for a minute "You know what the guy himself is a psychiatrist. Trust me, he's a good match for you". Wow so it was all planned "Since how long you have planned all this huh? I don't care if he's a psychiatrist , all I know is I don't want to get married now."I announced.
"I'm not saying you to get married tomorrow. His family is coming to see you ,nothing else. You still have time for your marriage. I just want you to be prepared for tomorrow and I'm your father, I know what is good for you".I didn't said a word and went back to my room and locked the door from behind.
The Next Day

The next day, everyone was busy in doing preparations for the guests. I was in my room, sitting on the edge of my bed "Allah I trust you, please give me courage "I said to myself. The guest will be coming at lunch time and it's already 12 so that's mean I have to get ready quickly . I went straight to the bathroom to take a shower,after coming out I dried my hair and took out fresh clothes to wear . I was wearing a plain bottle green pantsuit and have done minimal makeup.

I won't lie that I'm nervous

I won't lie that I'm nervous. Then there was a knock at my door "Yes" I answered "Come down the guests have arrived "it was Amaira's voice "Coming"I replied. I came downstairs and saw a man and woman in their 50's were talking to my father "Assalam Walaikum " everyone turned their attention towards me "Walaikum Assalam"both the man and women greeted me with a smile on their faces. "There she is, my daughter, Saba"Papa said "Mashallah" the woman replied "Come Saba, sit here "she pointed the empty place near her I obeyed what she said .
She asked me some questions which I answered politely. "Mr. Shadab we really like your your daughter. Let me tell you she us beauty with brain".
Hearing her I was lost I'm thoughts "Me? Beauty with brain. Well I have heard that I do have a brain but beauty? Am I really beautiful? "my thoughts were interrupted when I heard my father's voice "So what have you decided Mr and Mrs Niyaaz?"my father asked, I can recognize from his tone he was a bit nervous ."It's a yes from our side " the woman replied.

I really can't believe that just now my marriage is being fixed with someone whom I didn't even know, neither his name nor I have seen him or met him in person and you know what's more funny I haven't even seen his picture .
All I know that he is a psychiatrist. Wow I'm going to marry a psychiatrist
I don't know whether I should be happy or not "I want to give this ring to Saba on behalf of my son, it's our family ritual"my thoughts were again interrupted by my soon to be mother -in-law. She held my left hand and slid the ring into my ring finger. I will not deny the ring was really beautiful .

"Since everything is all set now I want to discuss something important with you Mr

"Since everything is all set now I want to discuss something important with you Mr. Shadab,its about the marriage ."she said to my father. "What you want to discuss Mrs. Niyaaz?"Papa asked "You know my son is a doctor, he has a busy lifestyle so we want both of them to get married the next week "I was stunned so was my father ""Next week? Isn't that too fast. I mean we have to do preparations and much more "Papa replied "I know Mr. Shadab, but I like your daughter you like my son so what's the problem in getting them married next week? And don't get stressed about the preparations and all, we will do the nikkah very simply.
We don't want anything except your daughter"."Shaista is correct. We know ,how difficult it is for you after all she's your daughter. All we want is to do the nikkah as soon as possible . You all can take your time and answer"The man, I  mean my soon to be father-in-law said. I can't handle it anymore so I stood up "I'm going to my room ,I need to use washroom "I excused myself and went away from there. I really needed time to accept I mean first I got to know that guests are coming to see me, secondly my marriage got fixed with a guy regarding whom I don't know anything except his profession and now they are planning the marriage next week. Like seriously, is my life is a joke to them or they think me as a puppet.

Love from JIMI ❤
Author's pov
Little did she know there are much more surprises waiting for her and her life is going to be upside down.