Chapter 9

In the forest the group continues to hike.

Lane: Watch yourself. Watch your step! Yeah.

Talia: It goes down here.

While hiking, Talia continues to tell the story about the town, Blair.

Talia: Back in the 1940s, Rustin Parr brought eight kids out to his house in these woods. Killed seven of 'em. But Parr claimed that he heard the voice of an old woman telling him to kill the children. He would take them up to his attic and make one stand in a corner while he killed the other one.

Lane: There's been some debate on that actually, where whether it was the attic or the basement.

Lisa: So, he thought he heard the Blair Witch telling him to kill people?

Talia: Well, he never said who it was. He just said that it sounded like this voice of an old woman. They hanged him out in these woods, near his house.

Lisa: So, wait, he had a house out here?

James: Yeah. That's the one we're looking for. Y/N rebuilt the house to live in it. Supposedly they found a bunch of old tunnels and stuff underneath that didn't go anywhere. Some kind of underground railroad thing, I think.

Some after, they stop hiking as Lisa sets up a camera as they all begin to sit down.

Peter: Oh, my back.

Soon after, they continue to hike once more.

Peter: Okay, so this is, uh, this is technically where the Black Hills Woods start. Back from when this was private land.

Ashley: Uh, well, who owns it now?

Lane: It was own by Y/N but now no one owns it. It's the state's, I guess.

Ashley: So, we're not trespassing or anything, right?

Lane: No. No one cares. No one living, that is.

Peter laughs as the others try not to laugh as Lane and Talia continue to hike.

Ashley: If we have to go camping with the locals, could you please not piss them off?

Peter: Baby, I Di... I didn't say anything.

Ashley: You don't have to say anything, Peter, you know that.

Peter laughs.

Peter: I'm sorry. Sorry.

Ashley: Okay, Goofy.

They then hike with the two as they see a sign.

'NO ENTRY AFTER NIGHTFALL'

Lane: The glare on the plastic...

James: You just, you we... you were walking by and you saw it?

Lane: This is where we found the DV tape.

Peter: And there was nothing else on the tape?

Lane: No. Like I said, it was all static except for that bit that we uploaded.

Ashley: Why does the tree look like that?

Talia: Lightning. Sometimes when it hits the tree, the electricity goes into the ground and it burns the tree from the roots up.

James: Was it just underneath here?

Lane: Yeah. It was like half under and half out, but we had to dig a little. It wasn't your fault. I just couldn't help laughing at you.

They then hike to a creek.

Talia: A girl drowned in this creek.

They then continue to hike.