31. Evil Plans

Aurora's P.O.V.

"So, what you think, girls, should I throw her in?" Marshall asks his daughter Hailie and his niece Alaina, who is also staying over at his house over the weekend, both of the girls currently swimming in the pool with their bright orange safety pi...

"So, what you think, girls, should I throw her in?" Marshall asks his daughter Hailie and his niece Alaina, who is also staying over at his house over the weekend, both of the girls currently swimming in the pool with their bright orange safety pins strapped around their little elbows, while Em stands at the pools age with me in his arms, clutching onto the asshole for deal life.

"Yes, daddy, throw her in!" Hailie giggles.

"Throw her in, uncle!" Alaina seconds her.

These two little traitors!! And here I had thought they liked me.

Marshall smirks, and he sort of looks like a kid himself when he gazes down on my panicked face, a boyish expression on his.

I wrap my arms tightly around his neck and whisper harshly into his ear, "Em, I swear to God, if you throw me into this pool, I will kill you in your sleep. I'll like... strangle you with a pillow or something," I threaten him, already feeling him easily prying my hands away from his neck.

"Well damn, now you sound just like my ex," he frowns, then throws me into the damn water after all.

I curse silently in my head. I freaking hate water!! Especially the cold kind, like in this pool. I swim to the surface as quickly as I can just as theirs a loud splash right next to me, indicating to me that Em has jumped in as well, as both of his daughters laugh, loving his antics. I roll my eyes as I run my hands through my hair, having no doubt in my mind that this little forced pool dived has just ruined it. I guess it's a good thing that I've brought my flat iron with me, but still, fuck was Marshall thinking?!

Then again, he probably never dated a black girl before, so I can't blame him too much for not understanding certain things, but still, I been told him before, that I will just chill by the pool with him and his girls, but like absolutely no way I'm getting in, but did he respect that? Noooooo!!

And he didn't even know whether I could swim or not, the motherfucker could've drowned me in this pool, right on front of his little girls too.

But does he seem to care? Nope!

I roll my eyes at Em as I swim to the farther edge of the pool from him while he swims towards his daughters.

"Daddy, you promised me you'll teach me how to float," Hailie says.

"Sure, baby, I will. It's real easy, see," Marshall demonstrates to her. Goofy ass swimming goggles on his face that he doesn't even need, but he apparently had put them on because both girls told him they wanted him too, they had thought it wapuld be funny to see him with those on, and it sort of is.

Also sort of... cute. This dude, as much of a menace as he is, he truly would do anything for his daughters, won't he? Or, not even just them, but anybody he actually cares about for that matter. Like honestly, spending this weekend in Detroit with Em and his family has made me see him in a different sort of light.