40. Flip-Flop

Aurora's P.O.V.

"So what you are saying to us is that you are confirming the rumors right now,  "the interviewer of the popular talk show asks me as all of the live audience's eyes are trained on me, awaiting my answer

I shift in my seat, smiling sweetly.

It's been a month now, a month since some of the crazier events in my life went down, and I'm slowly bringing myself back into the public's eye.

I didn't really want to go on live air. Not so soon after the fact, but I was advised by my new manager (The one that's hopefully is not a double agent for Jeffrey this time. Because seems to be like that all my staff that's workikg for me always end up being double agents Ja has to spying on me me. But hopefully, like I said, this is not the case this time since this person was actually cherry-picked by Marshall's manager. Paul Rosenberg, this woman named Leticia.)

And it was her idea that I had making public appearances again before I simply fade away from the minds of my fans. As well as explaining my pregnancy to them, which, even though I'm not even showing yet, my stomach still looking flat, is already pretty big news in all of the tabloids, as well as this speculation over who exactly the father of my child is.

"Yes, I am, in fact pregnant," I smile as I softly speak, answering the question.

I have decided to keep mine and Marshall's baby that day. Simply couldn't get rid of it after I had found out how much this child means to me, and maybe I AM make the same mistake my own mother had made all those years ago, but it doesn't feel that way right now, it feels right.

I want to have this baby...

"So, who is the father of your child then, Aurora?" The interviewer asks me, being seemingly nice about it, but it's pretty obvious how hungry she is for some drama as she leans in her seat towards me.

"Eminem or Ja Rule, because there's been talks about linking you with both men at some point around the time you've become pregnant?"

The audience seemingly goes wild from that question, and I start to feel my temperature slowly rise as an uncomfortable heat rushes to my cheeks. I don't feel comfortable at all right now, even as I sit there with a fake smile plastered upon my face.

Leticia told me to be polite if ever confirmed with such a question, but none of these people know anything!! They have no idea what I've been through with Ja, and...

"I um... I had thought we were here to talk about my sabbatical and me finally getting back into the studio and working on my album. Not discuss my unborn child," I finally say.

The interviewer smiles at me. She checks her cue cards.

"The only reason I'm asking you this, Aurora, is because well, there are various rumors tying you to both Ja Rule and Eminem at the same time. A lot of people say that you like to sort of flip-flop in between these two rappers, and a lot of people don't like that.