Chapter Thirteen: Hikari

5 years ago...

"Dad! Look what I can do!"

A pink glow. The plant was healed. Little Hikari Hisatomi had restored her father's favorite tomato plant back to life. One touch to the soil in the pot, and it was as good as new.

"Wow, Hikari! How did you do that?" Hayato Hisatomi was impressed. He had never seen such magic before. He had never even seen her use any type of magic anywhere CLOSE to that before.

"That's different from your normal Storage Magic! Where did you learn that?"

She handed him the pot. "I don't know! I just woke up and felt different, then I walked in the grass and it grew! So I touched your plant, and that happened!"

"Wow. This must be...yes..."

"Must be what?"

He grabbed his chin. "Yes. I'm certain you have an Elemental power."

"What's that?"

"A rare ability that our kind rarely inherits. I must let the government know, immediately! Come with me, honey!"

"Okay!"

They got into a weird-looking techno car and drove off. Himeka looked out the front window, a bit confused.

"An...Element?"

Present Day...

"And now, get ready for our final first-round match: HIKARI VS. DOMEN!"

Hikari gave a nervous smile to the crowd, while Domen pulled out his phone and started frantically texting.

"Come on, bae, answer me! I had to go fight, it was urgent, I would never cheat—-!"

The entire stadium just looked at him, wide-eyed. Arata groaned. "Ugh. Someone ban him from this event. Permanently."

He got mad and threw his phone. "Fine, I'll deal with her later!"

After a bit of awkward silence, Jukai lifted his mic to his mouth and spoke the words.

"Ready? FIGHT!"

"Okay, sweetheart, I have business to handle, so I'll have to—-"

With a flick of his fingers, white energy surrounded him, and he disappeared.

"—-Finish this."

Hikari quickly looked all around her, but there was no trace of Domen. She heard a slight noise, and he grabbed her arms and twisted them behind her.

"Now I'll need you to lose. I know you don't have an offensive power like Akari. Your ABILITY is for healing only."

"Oh. Well..."

"Go, Hikari! Go!"

Kazue called out to her from the stands. Akari also yelled out to her:

"Crush him! Don't let him gaslight you!"

In an instant, with a flash of white light, he was holding her over the edge.

"Okay. Here ya go."

But in the next moment, her eyes began to glow pink, and she elbowed Domen in the stomach. "OWWWW!"

He immediately fell to the ground and began coughing. "What the hell did you do to me?"

"Sorry! Might have been on accident?"

"ARGHHHH!"

Everyone paused, confused. Domen began to cough blood. "All she did was elbow me, the hell?"