,

astoria was practically bouncing out of her seat. today was the day hermione and harry potter entered hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.

"asti, how much coffee did you drink?" blaise said jokingly.

theo hit blaise on the shoulder. "shut up. you know why she's excited."

blaise rubbed his shoulder. "ow. calm down, it was a joke."

as if on cue, the doors to the great hall slowly opened, and behind them, were two teens. the hall went quiet, immediately recognizing the two by their striking green eyes. everybody knew their dad was the famous auror who caught more dark wizards than they could count on their fingers. and, of course, was the most famous quidditch player and the most admired hogwarts alumni.

whispers fell all throughout the hall, everyone wondering if james potter's quidditch genes passed onto his kids, or what house they'll be in.

dumbledore rose out of his seat, and the whispers fell silent. "students and staff, please welcome harry and hermione potter!"

more whispers. "severus, please go grab the sorting hat, so we can get the new students sorted and settled in!"

snape came back with the sorting hat and a stool. he moved to go back to his seat.

dumbledore held out a hand. "ladies first, my dear."

hermione smiled and took dumbledore's hand, letting him lead her to the stool. she sat down, and before the hat fell down over her eyes, she looked one last time at her brother, who did nothing but smile and give her a thumbs up.

"hm, where to put you, where to put you. very smart, but also very brave. however, very patient and kind. ah, there it is. the buried ambition." the sorting hat commented.

the students leaned closer, trying to get a hint of what the sorting hat was whispering in hermione's ear.

"SLYTHERIN!" the sorting hat yelled out, making its final decision.

hermione gave her brother a small smile before hoping off the stool to go over to the slytherin table. a girl with bouncy blonde hair ran up to her.

"hi! i'm astoria greengrass, but you can call me asti! i'm a slytherin!"

hermione grinned. "nice to meet you. i'm hermione."

"well, of course. everybody knows who you are. come, come sit!" astoria grabbed her hand and tugged her over to their table, giving her a seat next to pansy.

"these are my friends: blaise zabini; pansy parkinson; draco malfoy; daphne greengrass, she's my sister; and theodore nott, my boyfriend."

"it's so nice to meet you all!" hermione said.

"you as well!" daphne smiled.

hermione turned around to see her brother making his way up to the stool. she noticed that he was fidgeting. and here he told her he wasn't nervous.

"GRYFFINDOR!" the sorting hat called. hermione felt her heart fall. she was hoping harry and her would be in the same house.

harry glanced at his sister, eyes sad that they weren't placed in the same house. she waved and gave him a sad smile before turning back around to chat with some friends she already made.

"are you and harry twins?" blaise asked.

"yes, though he's older by three minutes." hermione said, picking up her fork.

"that's so cool!" astoria giggled.

,,,

dinner was dismissed, and the students were to go u to their dorms. harry waited for hermione, just to check in with her before he went to settle in.

harry stood off to the side, waiting for her to make her way toward him. harry looked up for a moment, catching eyes with a hufflepuff. the boy smiled at him, blushing heavily before quickly walking away.

harry felt a feeling swirling in his stomach. no way could he already have a crush. he needed to tell hermione.

"hermione!" harry called. she waved bye to her friends and ran up to him.

"hey, harry! how was dinner?"

"good. made some new friends. how about you?"

"good, i also made a few new friends. anyway, what did you want to tell me?"

"how do you know i need to tell you something?"

"call it twin intuition or maybe it's because you seem more jumpy than usual."

"okay, fine. i think i have a crush. all i know is that he's a hufflepuff and might be gay. he was blushing when he looked at me."

"okay, wow that was quick. well, keep me updated. i'm interested to see where this goes."

harry sighed dreamily. "me too, mione."