,

hermione caught up with astoria after she bid goodnight to her brother. he seemed keen to catch the eye of the mysterious hufflepuff again. 

"you're a lesbian, aren't you?" astoria asks. 

pansy's eyes widen. "asti, you can't just ask someone if they're a lesbian."

hermione laughed. "it's cool. but yeah, i'm a lesbian."

"do you have a girlfriend?" astoria asks. theo looks at her strangely. "what? i'm not asking for myself, i'm just curious."

"i do. but she's in america."

"are you trying for long distance?" pansy asks, ignoring astoria's look. 

"yep! i don't know how it'll go, but i'm willing to try."

"what's her name?" blaise interjects. 

"aurora longbottom. her cousin is neville longbottom, who just so happens to go here." 

"neville longbottom is such a sweetheart!" astoria gushes. theo shoots her another weird look. hermione was starting to get the idea that theo got jealous easily. 

"well, i think you're going to love this school. we get a lot of lgbtq+ representation, and a lot of teachers are aware and make an effort to help people with mental health disorders, autism, and down syndrome." pansy smiled.

hermione flashed a dazzling smile at her, unknowingly sending pansy's heart racing. "that's honestly more than i could ask for. you have no idea how many slurs i was called over my duration of time at ilvermony. ever since i came out publically, i was always called out in school. my only real friend was my girlfriend and my brother."

"thank merlin you're here now!" blaise commented. 

,,,

hermione could barely sleep, she was so excited for her first official day at hogwarts. and she was curious to know who caught harry's eye so soon. she was up until midnight getting to know her new friends. draco was a particular favorite, they seemed to have an unbelievable amount of things in common. 

she quickly found her brother, and grabbed his arm. "hey!" 

"oh! morning! how was your night?" harry asked. 

"good! what about yours? any new friends?"

"yes, actually. do you see the two redheads over there?"

hermione nodded. "that's ron and ginny weasley. siblings, but not twins."

"asti was telling me that they were really nice, and one of the few gryffindors she talks to. what are their sexualities?"

"they're both bisexual, but nobody else knows, so don't tell anyone."

"my mouth is shut. now, where is this boy you were talking aboyt yesterday?"

"okay, so i actually asked ginny about it and she was telling me how he's a seventh year, and he's a hufflepuff. his name is cedric diggory. he's not, like, out of the closet, but there's been rumors he's been seen sneaking off with other guys at parties, and then coming back looking like a hot mess."

"okay, damn. what do you plan on doing about it?" hermione asked, already seeing the gears turning in her brother's head.

"i'm glad you asked, dear sister. so, i'm hoping to sit by him in all the classes we have together, chat with him, get close with him, and then straight up ask him if he's gay." 

hermione snorted. "basic, but very harry of you." 

"i know he plays on the quidditch team, so maybe i'll see him at tryouts."

"they're letting you try out for the team?" hermione asked.

"shockingly. their recent seeker was injured and ginny's been filling in but she's more of a chaser girl. so, hopefully i can show mcgonagall some skills and she'll let me fill in, so ginny can get back to her place of expertise."

"wow, that all worked out perfectly. oh! also, i was thinking of calling rory later, any messages you want me to pass on?"

"tell her i fucking hate ella and to stick a 'kick me' sign on her back."

hermione laughed. "can do, brother."

hermione dropped harry off at his class, charms, while hermione quickly hustled to her class, astronomy.