,

harry knocked on the slytherin portrait door. he hoped someone would answer, so he wouldn't be standing out there. he had tea to tell hermione.

the portrait opened, and an unusual blond stepped out. "who are you?"

"er, i'm here for my sister, hermione."

"ah, sorry for sounding rude. i didn't know that was your sister. she's not here right now, but i'll text her and let her know you're here. do you want to come inside?"

harry grinned. "that'd be great. what's your name?"

the blond opened the door a little wider for harry to come through. "draco malfoy. and you're harry?"

"yep! does my sister talk about me a lot?"

"quite. i probably know you better than yourself by how much she talks about you. i don't think i've ever seen a sibling relationship like that."

harry laughed. "we get that a lot. our dad is always traveling, so we were always moving schools. the only friends we really had was each other, and we just got close."

"does that mean you've been to every major magic school?"

"we've been to beauxbatons, durmstrang, ilvermony, and now here. we've gone to smaller magic schools before. ilvermony was the longest we've ever stayed in one place. but our dad promised us that hogwarts is where we'll get to finish out our education."

"that's pretty cool. i've always wanted to travel." draco's eyes gleamed. "how was ilvermony?"

"it was nice, i guess. i can't say i was sad to leave. everybody was extremely homophobic to my sister and i."

"i'm sorry to here that. here at hogwarts, homophobia doesn't seem to exist. sure, you get the occasional bully, but nothing too extreme."

harry smiled. "that's what i'd like to here!"

hermione walked into the dorm just then, arm in arm with astoria. harry got up from the couch and ran over to her. "mione!"

"hey harry! good to see that draco listened to me when i said to let you in if you ever should come knocking."

"well! i got stuff to tell you!"

hermione sat down on the couch. "was it about cedric?"

harry looked around the room. "uh, yes?"

draco could sense harry's uncomfortableness. "we won't say a word to anyone. slytherins are very good at keeping secrets. besides, whoever is a friend to hermione is a friend to us."

harry relaxed. "okay, so, obviously we made out in the library. we did get kicked out, but cedric invited me to the astronomy tower tonight."

"damn, we just got here and you already have a fuck buddy." hermione laughed.

"well, i hope he's more than a fuck buddy."

"uh, i don't want to intrude, but cedric diggory is indeed a fuck boy. that's all he looks for. though i suppose he's gotten better at hiding it." astoria interjected.

"i'm assuming you've fucked him before?" draco asked.

"obviously. on more than one occasion. and no, i wasn't with theo at the time. i wasn't really doing so hot mentally and cedric was just there. i promise i'm better now."

hermione wrapped an arm around her. "well, i'm glad to have met you either way. and thank you for sharing that information with my brother."

"yeah, thanks for the warning." harry smiled.