,

harry walked into his charms class, waving goodbye to his sister. he saw the yellow and black stripe uniforms and immediately knew they'd be with the hufflepuffs today.

"harry!" ron called, waving him over. harry padded over to ron, taking the seat next to him.

"looking for your hufflepuff man candy?" ginny asked from behind him.

"maybe, maybe not." harry smirked. 

"he's sitting right across from you. and he's staring." ron whispered in his ear. harry turned away from ron to look forward, and there he was, gazing at him. once harry returned his gaze, cedric winked at him, and turned away to talk to the guy next to him. 

"you couldn't cut the sexual tension in the room with a fucking knife." ginny snickered.

"alright, students! welcome, welcome. today, we're going to be doing a refresher. something from your very first year at hogwarts. the levitation charm. i want everyone to pair of up with a partner. and rememeber to swish and flick!" 

harry turned to ask ron and ginny to pair up with him and do a trio, but cedric diggory sat down next to him. "want to be my partner, potter?"

harry smiled. "sure, cedric."

,,,

"no way you blew up your aunt." cedric repeated in disbelief.

harry smirked. "surprise. my sister blew up her dog."

"your sister is the slytherin, right?"

"yeah, that's her." the bell rung, signaling for students to go to their next class, but harry and cedric stayed in their seats for a few moments. 

"you want to meet in the library for break?" cedric asked michiviously.

"to do what, might i ask?" harry grinned.

"'study.'" cedric said with air quotes before walking out the door. 

ron and ginny were waiting for him outside. "what happened?"

"let's just say, cedric and i hit it off pretty well."