Chaper six // Finding a miracle

Frantically, I searched for my only hope. A phone. I've worked it all out, if I call Ivory she will find me and she will save me. I realised that the devil does not come dressed in red with horns, he comes as everything you ever wanted. I dragged myself to the other side of the room and got hold of Hunters black and white printed rucksack. There it lay. I picked up the phone, my hands continued to shake. I took a deep breath and hoped for the best. I was caught red-handed. The room spiraled. The floor panels misaligned themselves into zigzags. My eyes shattered like a glass window. I tried to hold myself against the wall, my stomach was wrenching as if it was reaching from inside of my body, but it was useless. I sank to the floor, finally letting sadness overtake.
"I love it when you cry, it makes you look the cheap whore that you are."

I saw it coming, but it caught me off guard. I felt a balled fist make contact with my muscle, watching it smash my entrails together like a rouge freight train. I felt blood vessels burst and my diaphragm collapse the force the fist packed behind it. It felt like a semi-truck had just slammed into my gut. As my crumpled body hit the ground, I gasped for air, but oxygen eluded my grasp. It felt good really, feeling on the edge of half-death, half-sleep. I stared out at the retreating images, and it all felt hard to take in, and finally felt an escape...

I woke up in Hunters arms. He held me close to his chest, I closed my eyes and the noise in the room completely stopped. I lost track of where my body stops and where his begins. I felt safe and comfortable like in a perfect dream. No worries, just a calm feeling. No matter how tight or loose the hug was, it didn't matter. It's the feeling that it gives you. I could hear his heartbeat. It wasn't any faster than mine. It was gentle, but captivating, a mixture of sweet root-beer and salty ocean water. Mesmerised lips pressed together time after time, transporting us to another world. Ragged breathing and dancing tongues bring a fiery heat to the cold ocean air. With just the two of us there, the rest of the world disappears. Desire ignites the world around us as we become lost in a sea of lust and love. It is a spicy, powerful combination that sends waves of passion crashing over us. The rest of the world is engulfed in our lustful burning flames as our kisses grow more urgent; rushes. As our lips pull apart, a gentle breeze flutters over the flame extinguishing the desperate heat. Our breathing comes out in short, desperate gasps. The intensity has washed away. The rest of the world is slowly coming back into focus.