3. Alica

"Can I get an explanation?",said Raya.
I was silent for a moment and sighed.

"I don't know where to start...Okay, so we were in middle school when we met and one day I accidentally bump into him and he was holding a bottle and it broke. He was so angry and from that day onwards, we are rivals. He used to bully me and all.", I finished.

"Aaaaah. Was He that bully? I mean I never knew. He always got good grades when he was in school. Ohh! I'm so sorry,dear." And she hugged me. "But how do you still remember his appearance?"

"When we were in school, he forced me to follow him on social media so he can get followers and I still follow him because deep down I was scared. You know he was a enigma at that time." I sighed. "But how come I never knew he was your brother."

"Well, he is always so busy with his job. I just never mention him in our talks. I...Oh I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. It's all past. You don't have to feel sorry. Now! Please let me sleep. I'm so sleepy and you can have the pasta. Gn."

*********

When I woke up it was 9:30 am and Raya is not beside me. Just then I realized that my tee and shorts are drenched. I must have sweat a lot with all those stress.

"Oh you're up! Come let's have breakfast. You can change if you want."
Raya entered the room.
"I'll be right there.", I said.

I washed up and wore a tee and shorts. Then I went downstairs. Raya's mom and dad were there. Daniel is not here.
That's a relief.

"Good morning aunt Luna and uncle David.", I greet.

"Oh my dear. Come here sweetie. I'm so sorry for you. Raya told us everything. Don't worry we are with you.", Aunt hugged me.
"You can stay with us as long as you want, dear.", uncle said.
"Thank you so much uncle and aunt. I'll  be so grateful. I hope I don't give you any trouble."
"Of course not, sweetie"

We had grilled cheese sandwich, apple pie and green tea for breakfast. Then uncle David said he need to announce something.

"I'm organising a party here for my friends. It'll be a big party. After all they all are coming across the world. I expect you all to be present during the party. Dan too have to be here. I want him to meet my friends. It'll be tomorrow at 5 pm. "

"I'll be happy to be here.", I said.

After that Raya and I went to our room. I was just walking in her room then I saw an envelope in the floor.

"Is this yours?", I asked.
"I don't thi-- omg!! Alica it's from Melody Masters. I can't believe it. I got a letter from-- yeah this is what Dan threw on me yesterday."

"Melody...what?"
"It's a music association. It's really a tough competition to get a letter from them. I applied for their show and I think I got selected. ", she twirl.
"Omg Raya. Congratulations.  I'm so happy for you. Open it quickly."

She started reading it.

"Ms. Raya Pierson,
We, Melody Masters, congratulates you that you have been selected by us and we welcome you to perform on one of our shows that is going to be held on 20 December 2023. We truly expect you to be here. It will be really nice to see your performance live.
Thank you."

Raya is a pretty famous singer. She always wanted to join Melody Masters. She looks really excited now.

"Wow Alica I can't believe it"
"That's sounds fun. I'm of course gonna attend it."
"You have to"

************

It's already 3:30 pm. Today is the party that uncle David is organising. But the thing is that I don't have anything to wear. Raya is getting ready.
She wore a red midi dress and glass heels with a gold necklace.

"Help me. I don't have anything to wear. I forgot to bring my outfits. Oh! I'm so dumb."

"You girls ready?", Aunt Luna entered the room."Raya help me do my makeup please. The makeup done by the artist, I don't like it at all."

"But mum I need to help Alica to get a dress for her. She forgot to bring one. I don't want her to go by herself."
"Ohh,..Dan can do it. Alica dear, you can go with Dan okay."

Damn my heart drops to my stomach. Why with Dan? But I can't say no to aunt. "Sure." I gave Raya a nod when she was about to speak again.

"Okay, Dan will be waiting for at 4."
"No problem aunt". I smile.

It's definitely a problem.