𝐢. 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚛𝚢

★🪦⋆。 °⋆ ▌━━━━━━━━━
sidelines - phoebe bridgers

 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚛𝚢★🪦⋆。 °⋆ ▌━━━━━━━━━sidelines - phoebe bridgers

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ 💭 ⋆。 ▌𝐂𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐏𝐒𝐘𝐂𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄. The building stands on the outskirts of the city, each bench caked in dirt and damaged in some way. The front pedestal still towers over the rest of the room. She stands in the hallway between the benches, her hands shaking and sweat running down her neck. Everything blurs and shifts in her gaze. Her chest heaves for breath, like she'd run a marathon, but really it was the anxiety creeping up and closing her throat that shot her heart like adrenaline. Agitated fingers tug at the hem of her little black dress, the skirt ripped and her knees grazed. Her hair stands in wild curls around her face, but she liked it that way, she preferred not to contain and tame herself.

She can hear them now. Churches were always worse; the dead were ironic that way. Graveyards were the only peaceful places. Small voices surrounding her, echoing from every inch of the room, whispering ragged prayers and begs for their saviour, and where was he? Her eyes find the cross hanging from the wall behind the pedestal. Jesus hangs from it, his face sorrowful but accepting. Did Mary know she would have a child born to die? Hanging from the cross, did Jesus, the son of a carpenter, smell the wood and think of home? She tried not to think too hard about it; curiosity will be mankind's extinction event.

Her skin itches, it crawls over her bones like cold hands clawing at any shred of life within reach. Her hands shake as she grips her dress. There's a cavity in her chest, empty, cold and gaping like a fresh wound. Her body flinches at a loud sound ringing from her pocket, the screen of her cellphone glowing through the material of her skirt. She digs it out, careful not to accidentally hang up with her shaking hands and quickly brings it to her ear.

"Hello?" Her voice is weak and scratchy, she clears her throat, but she doesn't trust her voice yet. Through the call she can hear muffled noises, then his voice comes through, fragile and soft. "Sy?" Her heart swells as she recognises her brother's voice. She hadn't seen him or spoken to him in almost three months, she missed him like crazy. "Percy? Hey-" a smile pulls at her lips. "Hey, Jellyfish, what's- how are you?"