𝐢𝐢. 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎

★🪦⋆。 °⋆ ▌━━━━━━━━━
cry - the neighbourhood

 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎★🪦⋆。 °⋆ ▌━━━━━━━━━cry - the neighbourhood

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ 💭 ⋆。 ▌𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. Her body trembles, brows furrowed, face scrunched in a painful ache as a fiery sensation burns under her skin. Her fingers grip the pillow under her head tightly, knuckles white and joints aching from strain. A soft whimper of pain passes from her as she writhes over the sofa. She's startled awake by someone screaming in her ear, tumbling off the egde of the couch and crashing onto the floor, hitting her knee on the coffee table and her elbow on the hard wooden floors.

It wasn't real, none of it was. It was just another nightmare. Tears well up in her eyes as she leans her back against the couch. Just another nightmare. There she goes again, telling herself things that weren't true. Was the mind capable of gaslighting itself? She supposed that were true. People believed things about themselves that no one else would ever believe, just because they'd said it over and over again, until they started to believe the words were true. Until the words didn't mean anything other than the emotions they made them feel.

She wanted to feel safe. She wanted to feel like she wasn't fucking crazy, so yes, it was just another nightmare, nothing to it. Just her mind trying to scare her. Silly mind.

Still, she pulls herself off the floor and walks quietly into the hallway. The bedroom doors are closed, maybe locked. Psyche wouldn't be surprised if Sally had locked her bedroom door. She wouldn't be upset by it either, she'd done this to her, she was the reason their relationship was this way. It wasn't her mother's fault, it never was.

She stands in front of Sally's bedroom door, raises her shaky hand to the wood and stops. Her fingers tremble, she can feel the white paint graze against them. She lowers her hand. Instead, she goes to a different door and tries the handle. The door creaks open, and she sees what Percy meant.