𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚍𝚜 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚢

★🪦⋆。 °⋆ ▌━━━━━━━━━

 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚍𝚜 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚢★🪦⋆。 °⋆ ▌━━━━━━━━━

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ 💭 ⋆。 ▌𝐏𝐒𝐘𝐂𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒. For a moment, she wondered if she was back in the city, drugged out and alone in an alley somewhere, but when she moves and bolts of pain shoot up her body, the memories flood back. The forest, the wolves, the doe that guarded her with its golden antlers. Every muscle aches from strain, and she wishes she hadn't moved at all.

"Gentle, my dear," a woman's voice comes from the side. She doesn't bother too look, her spine aching at any attempt to move her head. She only realized she was crying when gentle fingers dusted the tears from her eyes. "You are injured."

Psyche's eyes blur as she looks up at the woman who sits herself beside her. She's lying on furs, soft and warm, surrounded by rock and darkness. Some kind of cave. She blinks a few times, trying to focus her eyes on the stranger.

"Do not strain," the woman says. "You must rest.." her voice is warm and gentle, and something deep inside Psyche's chest eases like a child being lulled to sleep. "Those beasts truly tested you, but I always knew you were strong." she can see the woman's blurred smile. "Here, drink."

Psyche feels something held against her bottom lip, and doesn't bother fighting. She opens her mouth and lets the warm liquid drip in. It tasted like warm milk and chocolate cookies. Odd. Psyche let's the warmth spread over her chest and feels it ease the burn in her body.

"Who-" her throat aches as she forces the words out. "Who are you?" The woman shushes her gently, running a cold hand over her forehead, feeling the burning heat of her skin. "All will be explained, child, you must rest." Psyche shakes her head, struggling to keep her eyes open. She starts to sit up, forcing herself to ignore the white lights that flash behind her eyelids.

"No.." she says. "I.. Percy." The woman gently takes her shoulders and tries to push her down again. "Stop. I- I have to find him." "The boy is safe at camp. He will be alright, you need not worry." Psyche frowns as her weak state takes over and she drops back down onto the bed. "Camp?" she asks.