Chapter 2

She looked at the maid who enters and it was a different one from the one who came earlier. Thought dressing up with such dress took her awhile, it was worth while. She dressed as how exactly as she designed the characteristics of Selena Solen Alvadiz.

The design she wore is more spring type fashion, so it's not to heavy, nor to light. It's more casual than luxurious, and it's something that can be worn through spring time. Not to mention the lesser accessories of this outfit, so she didn't think she needed to wear attractive jewels for something.

She looked at the maid whose head was looking down from the carpet floor. "Call my secretary," she said and the maid nodded before she left.

There is something she needed to ask, since she's the empress, she is concerned that there is work pending under her name. She didn't want to do so much for a day, since she hadn't yet adjusted to this world.

Complaining doesn't get her no good as well. Beside is there someone in her previous world that she didn't want to leave behind? Maybe, there are still people waiting for her or grieving for her to wake up.

Maybe, perhaps she's even stuck in her apartment but that won't happen. Before she came here, she was talking to her editor, he must have heard her from falling to the ground and he might have gotten to check her well-being.

Not just her editor, a lot of people still hate to see her dead. So even if she didn't leave any family behind, she considered her team and fans as her beloved family. So, she couldn't help but to be desperate in finding a way to go back.

Beside, this is the day Selena lost her daughter from premature labor. Selena took that child during her early birth, and she sent that child away when she was an infant. That is this time, but she looked a little embarrassed as she was the one who made Selena throw an infant child.

'How could I make her do that!?' She asked herself as she carefully looked at the white silver ceiling in her chamber. The reason she did that was because of her husband, despite being able to give birth to an heir, she was pushed by the empire itself.

They wished for a male, a man as the heir. The birth of a female was a taboo, and that taboo made even the emperor look at her indifferently. She went crazy after she gave birth, and the emperor never visited her palace.

Maids had rumors about the emperor looking for a wife, because he said that he'd want to divorce her. In that case, the empress loses her mind and she throws her child away upon birth.

For the entire one year, she had been said to have gone wild and to slap the servants faces, and fire anyone she didn't like. She didn't even hesitate to kill someone or even herself. So, the empress dowager didn't like her because of the trouble and shamelessness she had done to embarrass the Imperial Family.

Despite Selena's evil doing, the emperor didn't punish her. He turned a blind eye, either ignored her plea, or even her cry for his affection. That man remained cold, even under his wife suicide.

At that moment, before she went mad, Selena is known as workaholic and she spent almost her entire time studying and working day or night.

The one year delay must have caused a lot of rockets. 'She had no choice but to act like one despite those circumstances,' she can't believe that Selena had to go through such thoughts.

After a while, her door opened and a man and another maid carefully entered the room. The man looked down as he followed the maid through the empress balcony where she was having tea.

The man enters as the maid gives a signal and he bows. "Greetings to the empress, moon to the empire, I am Derrick Henry, and also your secretary, it has been awhile."