Chapter 4

She stayed occupied in the quiet church provided by the Head Priest, she needed some time to think not just for herself but for the situation she's currently facing. The holiness is a great being that had appeared even before Selena was crowned as the empress.

Her presence is the grail of holiness, she has the power that no one can hold, and an ability that can tell a difference between body and soul. If she didn't exist in this reality, then this world—her story is no more than an imperfect replication of her creation.

She breathed out as she kept her mind occupied but a lot of thoughts. She couldn't bring herself to remove that problem out of her mind. Of course she worries that she won't be able to find her way back at this point.

The sound of her eerie breath made the Head Priest worry. She seemed distressed beyond comparison, the Head Priest worried that he offended her or he did something she didn't like. Yet, he still falls to the thought about the earlier event, when the empress asked for holiness.

She doesn't seem to know everything, but maybe the empress is not just what meets the eye. He had heard her villainous reputation among the nobles who come to the church on a daily basis.

The empress is known as the villainess of the empire, she had done as much disgraceful as to dishonor the Imperial Family, many even tell that she's just born wicked. The Head Priest didn't like any gossip in the house of God, that is how Lena, the Goddess of Light dies.

Yet, he was confused as well. Do these ridiculous rumors about her true? Not only is she known for being wicked, she is also rumored to have abused her power as the empress, using her authority to ridicule the empire.

Now, he has not seen that so far, he will not believe rumors without seeing dominant evidence. That of course depends on the empress, she looked more trouble than angered.

He coughed and he looked at her directly. "You seem troubled, your majesty, are you alright?" He asked hoping that she would tell him why she's acting like that.

Selena gives a long silence before she stiffly smiles at the Head Priest. "Yeah," she muttered as she carefully moved her body to straighten her seating position. "Perhaps, can you help me priest?"

The Head Priest assisted without a fail and he gave her a silent yet agreeing nod.

This made Selena breathe, she couldn't believe she would ask the Head Priest who doesn't know about the question she wanted to ask but looking at the priest's confirming face, she nodded as she understood his determination.

It won't hurt much to tell him about her worries, it's not like he'll do anything to her, beside she may not look like it but she's trying to stay as hopeful as possible to surface the eagerness of panic that is building up inside of her.

It's not bad to talk about her feelings or worries for a while. Maybe it may ease her, and it will make her feel less worried and to accept her situation as well.

"I... had troubles as of late... A nightmare?" she uttered. "May I ask if you knew a case that is about someone who died and who got reincarnated into another's body?" She asked, believing that maybe in a distance reality, if the holiness does not exist, someone may still know about such information.

The Head Priest showed her a confusing look, so she assumed he didn't know. Selena breathed in and she coughed. "Please for—"

"Don't jump to conclusion, your majesty, indeed I was confused at first but I don't think I am the right person you should be asking, the church was build to convey redemption for the humanities ignorance in thousand years ago, we do not hold the scepter of truth, only the tree of truth can do that," he tried to be so kind as he gentle cut her words.