Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Unexpected Encounters

As the morning sun filtered through the window, I slowly blinked my eyes open, feeling the warmth of the new day. Stretching lazily, I sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Today was the start of a new life for me. I'm so exhausted though my body aches as I silence another alarm blaring from my phone. Setting 15 alarms to wake up is a must when you're not a morning riser.

With a yawn, I swung my legs out of bed and made my way to the bathroom, eager to freshen up and start the day. However, as I reached for the doorknob, it turned, and the door swung open, revealing Yoongi stepping out, dressed only in a towel his dark hair dripping with water at the tips.

"Ah!" I exclaimed, startled by the unexpected encounter, causing us to bump into each other.

"Sorry," Yoongi muttered, his cheeks turning pink as he steadied me, his hand lingering on my arm for a moment longer than necessary. Water droplets from his hair dripped on my cheeks. If it was audible you would hear a sizzle from how flustered I was.

"It's okay," I stammered, feeling flustered by our close proximity.

Quickly excusing myself, I retreated back to my room to get dressed, my heart still racing from the encounter. After composing myself, I returned to the bathroom to start my morning routine, trying to shake off the lingering effects of our accidental collision.

Once ready, I made my way to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, deciding on pancakes with fresh fruit. As the aroma of cooking filled the air, Yoongi joined me, dressed in casual jeans and a plain white t-shirt.

"Morning," he greeted, flashing me a small smile that sent butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"Morning," I replied, trying to ignore the way my heart skipped a beat at the sight of him.

Together, we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, chatting about our plans for the day. Pushing past the awkward encounter in the morning. Afterward, we walked to the bus stop, Yoongi carrying his backpack slung over one shoulder, while I i had my backpack and Lululemon bag with my water bottle and granola bar snack.

As we rode the bus to campus, I couldn't help stealing glances at Yoongi, admiring the way the sunlight danced in his hair and the easy way he interacted with those around him. He caught my gaze and smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners in a way that made my heart melt.

Arriving on campus, we walked side by side, enjoying the crisp morning air and the bustling energy of the students around us. Suddenly, we ran into Jungkook, who had the same class as Yoongi.

"Hey, guys!" Jungkook exclaimed, falling into step beside us. "Ready for the first day?" His tattooed arm covered with a black Nike wind breaker and in shorts showcasing is muscular legs.

"Yeah, definitely," Yoongi replied, adjusting the strap of his backpack.

Yoongi parted ways with Jungkook as I ventured on my own to the building I needed. Entering the lecture hall I felt overwhelmed with the amount of people in chatter. Worrying myself about where and who sit with.

"(Y/n)! Over here!" Namjoon waved with a big smile dimples glowing as he wore a short dark blue shirt and black jeans.

Smiling I waved back and walked to the middle of the lecture hall, "thank you for saving me I was nervous." I let out a laugh as I take a seat.

As the class began, Namjoon and I exchanged notes and whispered about the professor's lecture, making the time pass quickly. After class, Namjoon suggested we grab lunch together, and I happily agreed.

Walking across campus, we chatted about our majors, hobbies, and goals for the semester. Namjoon's easygoing nature put me at ease, and I found myself opening up to him more than I had expected.