Volume 4.5: Date

Chapter 8

6th August \ Third day of the vacation

Horikita Pov:

I was currently resting my forearms on the railing of one of the cruise ship decks while looking at the ocean.

Many of the students had finished their lunch and were hanging around. I was here not simply to enjoy this beautiful scenery but because I was currently waiting for someone.

I took out my cell phone and clicked on my name, Horikita Suzune, and opened the OAA app. I was expecting to see some changes in the results of the uninhabited island exam, but it looks like there are no changes here. There were only a limited number of situations where each of the teachers could check on their students, so it's possible that the results were not reflected.

Just when I thought that teachers couldn't see and judge students on the island...

Class 2-D - Fukazawa Yato

Second-Year Evaluation

Academic Ability: A+ (98)

Physical Ability: A+ (97)

Adaptability: A+ (99)

Social Contribution: E (13)

Overall: A (86)

Horikita: This idiot's social contribution is getting worse and worse as time passes. Lying for a whole week surrounded by teachers and staff members during a special exam didn't help him.

Seeing that some things didn't change, I just smiled, and I quickly closed my phone and stared at the ocean in silence.

It had been a few days since the grueling and somewhat unrealistic uninhabited island exam. My body was no longer tired, but I found it strange to be back to an everyday lifestyle, partly because I was on a luxury cruise ship

???: Seriously? You're still here?

A voice called out to me from some distance away, but I immediately recognized that voice and knew it was the person I was waiting for.

Horikita: You're 10 minutes late Ibuki-san.

Ibuki Mio was the person I called out for a meeting. For more than a year now, she's been after me and trying to prove herself superior to me.

Ibuki: Argh...

Ibuki, with a disgusted and annoyed look on her face, walked next to me.

Ibuki: That's because of your stupid nonchalant classmates of yours...

Just with this short description, I immediately knew who she was talking about.

Horikita: Yato?

Quite surprised, I started looking at her as I wanted to understand more of what she meant by saying that it was Yato's fault for her being late. What I didn't expect was that as soon as I mentioned Yato's name, it just seemed to bother her even more.

Ibuki: That bastard fooled me only to skip a whole line of people and then jumped off a balcony out of nowhere...

Horikita: ...

Fooled Ibuki-san? I think I can imagine that happening but...

Horikita: Wait, have I heard correctly? What exactly do you define by jumping off a balcony?