Chapter Three - The First Step

The next morning came. The sun was rising from the horizon. Slowly opening his eyes, (YN) sat up in his sleeping bag, stretching out his arms and gave a small yawn. Rubbing his messy hair, he noticed that everyone was already waking up.

???: "Wake up, lazy butt!" Called a female voice.

(YN) looked over to see a girl waking up a boy on another side of the room. The girl has short, orange hair and turquoise eyes. Her clothing consists of a collared black vest ending at her waist with the emblem of a hammer with a lightning bolt seen on the back. Under the vest are two layers of clothing, colored red and light-blue respectively. She is also wearing a white sleeveless top that forms a tiny heart shape between her cleavage and collarbone, with a white detached sleeve on each arm. She is wearing matching fingerless gloves on each hand and she has a pink skirt that starts at the waist and ends mid-thigh. Her shoes are a mix of pink and white with pink laces, with the same hammer emblem on the soles. Finally, her attire has what appears to be a form of armor beginning in the middle of the shoulder and neck and ends by the waist.

 Finally, her attire has what appears to be a form of armor beginning in the middle of the shoulder and neck and ends by the waist

Orange Haired Girl: "It's morning. It's morning. It's morning. It's morning!" She sang while moving all around the boy, and the boy sighed.

The boy currently being woken up by the hyperactive girl has long black hair tied into a ponytail that ends midway down his back. There is a magenta streak on the left side of his hair. He has pale pink eyes, and his clothing is a dark green, diagonally buttoned, long-sleeved tailcoat that appears to be red on the inside, with black and gold trimmings and pink cuffs. The trimmings go down the right side of his torso and forms a black collar. Finally, he is wearing a black, long-sleeved shirt beneath the suit, and light-tan pants with black shoes.

(YN): "Poor guy." He muttered. Then he looked up to see Yang, already up and standing over him with a smirk on her face. "What?" Yang signaled him to look to his left, and when he did, his eyes widened.

There was Ruby, sleeping peacefully with her mask on, snuggling next to him. (YN) grew a bright blush when she hugged his left arm and hummed softly with a smile on her face. Yang covered her mouth and quietly laughed, thinking this was adorable. She knelt down and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Yang: "I'll let you two be." She whispered, and stood up and give (YN) a wink before walking away from them.

That made (YN) blush a bit more. Carefully and quietly, he used his right arm to loosen her arms and got his arm out. After that, he placed his hand on her shoulder, and gave a gentle shake.

(YN): "Ruby, it's time to wake up." He said, gently shaking her shoulder enough for her to wake up. Ruby started groaning from being woken up earlier than she wanted to.

Ruby: "Oh, five more minutes, please." She croaked.

(YN): "Ruby, come on." He urged, shaking her shoulder again. "If we don't get up, we'll be late for the initiation."